PDA

View Full Version : Did I overplay this ?

Cezar
10-24-2005, 03:13 PM
I am mostly a small stakes PLO player, but since the games died on (former) party skins, clearing the bonus on NLHE

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB ($7.55)
BB ($39.40)
UTG ($25.60)
UTG+1 ($24.50)
Hero ($24.65)
MP1 ($26.10)
MP2 ($57.85)
MP3 ($17.15)
CO ($24.20)
Button ($20.41)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1.

SB is on the LAGgy side, he could easily be betting with any piece of the flop, OESD or a made straight. CO is unknown. I'm a LAG-wannabe myself, the call is a bit loose, but with my image I have decent implied odds.

Turn: ($4.25) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO calls $6, SB folds.

I have a half-decent made hand, with draw to the nuts. The omaha player in me wakes up. A raise is in order to find out where SB stands, tho looking back I wonder if it was too high. CO hesitates, and calls. I put him on an Ace, questioning his kicker. (Later found out I was wrong)

River: ($18.25) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Now what ? The flush draw whiffed, and all I have is top pair with a losing kicker. If CO has an ace, he is not folding the river, my only hope is that he busted a big draw.

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Am I getting decent odds that CO is a donk with Ace-rag, or betting something like 78

Final Pot: $28.25

Cezar

10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
CO has quite a range of hands.

I don't see a straight or draw chase for most players calling a pot-sized bet, although stranger things have happened and the CO is an unknown. Lots of straight draws are out there, though.

More likely I see him on some sort of TPTK or even a set situation. He called the flop on an overcall, so he didn't show a whole lot of strength. The A on the turn didn't scare him at all. The J on the river, if he is now on Aces up, scares him a little because, if he's a thinking player, there's a chance that you just rivered Aces up but he's getting the odds to make the call.

A9 is also not out of the question. On the flop he had two overs to the board and a gutshot draw. I've seen donks draw with less. The A he's figuring on a TPAK. It's bad play, but logical to a fish.

Finally, with everyone limping and some decent odds pf (3.5:1 at the time, works out to 4:1), he might be thinking call/fold pf with something like 97 s/o because he's in late position. Flopped the nut straight, didn't need to push because you were, and let you bet it out. This is a little unlikely, but it happens. If he's L/P, then it fits that character.

PM me the result. I'm interested to see how accurate I was.