PDA

View Full Version : Is this a fold preflop?

mikelow
06-07-2003, 11:24 AM
40-80 UTG +2 with /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 10. I open-raise. Anyone for a fold?

Three callers including player on my left and both blinds.
Flop is:

/forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q.

Checked to me and I bet. All call. Turn is:

[ /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q] /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 10.

Checked to me and I bet. LHO calls, SB folds and BB raises.
I called and LHO 3-bets! Call by BB, call by me. River is a blank and I fold on the river. LHO had /forums/images/icons/spade.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J.

Was my preflop raise terrible?

Dynasty
06-07-2003, 12:18 PM
You didn't tell us what the game was like.

In most games, I would limp with it.

Nottom
06-07-2003, 02:54 PM
I don't like folding KTs in an unopened pot from MP ... depending on game texture it can be a limp or a raise.

Also can you try and put your suits on the right when listing cards, it hurts my head when I see /forums/images/icons/spade.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J instead of A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

mikelow
06-07-2003, 03:02 PM
What happened was the Commerce had to collapse seven
40-80 tables to six and many of the players I was playing with
left, and some very unfamiliar players were at my table. The session started very tight, but the game had gotten looser until the seat changes.

bunky9590
06-07-2003, 06:25 PM
I would most likely muck in that situation with KTs. However, if in LP I would raise in a steal effort. I just hate the KTs or KTo. Hand is in bad shape against several hands. When the king flops you get trapped, no? especially w/KQ or straight draws. Your turn T was the real problem.

I had the same situation but I came in from the sb with KTs for no raise. Flop came K Q rag and I check / mucked to a bet and raise. Winner had KQ. Nice, no brainer fold.

IMHO.

elysium
06-07-2003, 08:32 PM
hi mike
KTs mike? where are these games? if i'm the only one telling you to play tighter than anyone else at the table because youll get called all the way, and i'm wrong then i'm wrong. but if you only played this from the CO against 3 limpers max., youre not giving up anything. if youre going to vary with hyper-fast LP play, that 1 in 20 times or so with 54s or 75s, then that will generate enough calls from EP. and you do that. the only way you would even consider playing this from EP is if you never played like you usually do. this thing is going to get run-over. tighten up mike. just muck everything except group 1 and 2 and AQo until you hit CO+1, unless youre first in from MP. thatll greatly help your LP play, which in turn will greatly help you get called with your group 2 holdings from EP. but KTs? i just don't think anyone in the world can pplay that from EP with positive ev.