PDA

View Full Version : Hourly Rate for Omaha Hi Low?

Sirens
06-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi guys,
just wondering whether a good players's hourly rate would be higher or lower and omaha hi low?
What about the variance?
I was told that hourly rate should be more with lower variance and was just wondering what you guys thought?

Thankyou,
-Sirens

Ray Zee
06-07-2003, 10:12 AM
hourly rate has more to do with the speed of the game and variance should never be a factor as most players will get enough hours in so that it is not an issue. UNless you are a losing player.

Sirens
06-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Hi ray,
Thanks for you reply. What i meant about variance was that you would have greater swings? yes or no? cause i read an article by steve badger that omaha hi low had lower swings than holdem?
Thanks again
-Sirens

Ray Zee
06-08-2003, 01:12 AM
it will have lower hourly swings as the pots are split and the game plays slower. but if the players play properly and jam like they should you will have great swings. variance is something that should make very little difference to a player, unless they are planning to play on a very short bankroll and then if its one that cant be replenished you are doomed anyway.
all said the difference in swings in different poker games is not that much to worry about.