PDA

View Full Version : The ZooKeeper Headsup Tournament at PokerStars

Sirens
06-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Hi guys,
I constantly read all the posts here at two plus two and sometimes post on the mid high stakes forum and the other poker games forum and was just wondering how i would be able to enter this headsup tournament on pokerstars because it requires some sort of password. So if anyone can help me please let me know where i can find this information.

Thankyou very much,
Sirens

dux
06-07-2003, 09:43 AM
I'll be glad to tell you. The going rate for the password is 25 posts. So by June 19th, you will have had to contribute a bit more. Not too bad a punishment.
The organiser of the event is 2+2er jasonHoldEm and the password is given at his discretion. So you can't just post and reply to your post another 20 times. Just post here and there, and you might get an entry. When you get to about 25, send him a private message and you should be right.

Mike Haven
06-07-2003, 10:42 AM
no harm to you sirens, this is aimed only generally at posts such as yours, which (and i know it's my problem not yours) have started to get under my skin

you state that you post "constantly"

you made your first post on the 1st april; two more on the 12th may; and five others on the 7th june - none of these were in the zoo

how is it that you and the others think that this justifies your entries into tournaments whose rules are posted very clearly and concisely? why don't you find out the entry qualifications, follow them, and then apply for entry in the stated and accepted manner? even if you don't know how to use the site's internal search engine, it doesn't take much effort to scan back a few pages to read all about it (although you even say that you read all the posts, and yet you don't know the requirements)

i hope you take dux's advice and start posting a lot of good stuff (like this one /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ) here - you will be made very welcome in all the tournaments if you do the reasonable thing and respect the hard-working organisers' wishes

good luck to you

Simon Diamond
06-07-2003, 12:08 PM
you state that you post "constantly"

Re-read Mike - he said he constantly reads and sometimes posts. But I share your sentiments about people asking without researching the rules of the comp. I believe Jason has posted them in his messages, so the least people could do is pay attention.

That will not happen of course and you guys will have to repeat yourself to similar posters many times in the next week or so /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW - thanks for doing that for me in the run up to KotZ tournaments, it is appreciated.

Simon

Mike Haven
06-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Re-read Mike - he said he constantly reads and sometimes posts

correct

my apologies to sirens for that error of fact in my post

Simon Diamond
06-07-2003, 12:27 PM
My apologies to you for being a nit pick /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Simon

Mike Haven
06-07-2003, 12:44 PM
my apologies to you for flushing my voodoo doll of you down the toilet

if it is raining now only on your house, take cover - and fast

hailstones the size of sausages are due any second

Collusive
06-07-2003, 03:17 PM
when? where? what?

HonestPete
06-07-2003, 03:30 PM
I think you just highlited what Mike Haven was trying to say earlier.

I'll give you a clue, and hopefully like the fictional Sherlock you too will be able to work out this intreaguing puzzle.

Pokerstars...

jasonHoldEm
06-07-2003, 07:56 PM
Hi Sirens,

I was going to bump the original announcement for the event back up to the top of the list, but since you posted this I'll just reply here.

I appreciate your interest in the tournament, but as the others have already told you we generally make the cutoff for these events "above stranger". I hope you won't take this personally as an attack against "you", because our eligibility cutoff is not meant to work that way.

The reason we have an eligibility cuttoff is two fold (at least from my viewpoint). The first reason we make an eligiblity cutoff (the "real" reason behind it), is because we believe that these forums are a two way street. Yes, you can certainly learn a lot from reading these boards, but you will NEVER get as much out of them by simply reading as you would by posting and reading. In turn, as you express your viewpoints, questions, ideas, etc it helps increase the value of the boards for the rest of us as well...it is a win/win situation.

In other words, If you want to participate in our tournaments, we want you to participate in our community.

The second reason (which goes hand in hand with the first), is that we'd like to get to know someone before we start playing with them. No, we're not looking for you to reveal your playing strategy or anything like that, but we would like to be familiar enough with your name to say hello when we're sitting at the tables. Again, the sense of community.

Look at it this way, suppose we allow anyone into the tournament. The day before the event someone signs up and requests the password, we are unaware that this person is a ringer (although he would have to be pretty DAMN good to beat the competition in most of these events, lets say it's possible)...he plays in the event and walks away with a big chunk of "our" prize pool, never to be heard from again...where is the fun in that for us?

I hope I've answered your questions on the subject (if not please feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it further). It's not personal, and if you are willing to take the time to make some more posts I'm sure that you will be eligible for the next event (with almost two weeks until zookeeper, you might even be able to sneak in under the wire for this one if you make a solid effort).

If Simon or anyone else has anything further to add, please feel free...I'm just speaking from my viewpoint.

Peace,
jHE

GrannyMae
06-07-2003, 09:04 PM
my apologies to you

my apologies to everone that had to read that string of pukey, sickening apologies.

i apologize

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck19.gif

Mike Haven
06-07-2003, 09:30 PM
sorry granny but your apology is not accepted

i apologise if that upsets you

Simon Diamond
06-08-2003, 04:37 AM
i apologize

Granny feeling okay?

Simon

Simon Diamond
06-08-2003, 04:40 AM
I have nothing to add to that Jason, only that I wish I could have explained the situation as well as you have.

Simon