PDA

View Full Version : First 5-10 hand, QQ involved in a squeeze?

ahnuld
10-24-2005, 12:04 PM
This was a few hands after I showed my bluff in the ealier post. Iv been playing pretty solid.

UTG is pretty loose preflop raiser, just generally lag, so he could have any PP, suited connector, anything playable. Coldcaller is unremarkable, probably small pp or maybe suited connectors. The sb is is a good player, a bit more solid than the rest but still capable of mixing it up from what iv seen. On to the action.

UTG (covers) opens for 40, mp coldcalls (1k), sb (1.2)makes it 160. Im in the BB (1.3k) and have QQ. Call, fold, raise? I just dont know at this level.

AZK
10-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Stacks?

ahnuld
10-24-2005, 12:08 PM
sry, fixed.

AZK
10-24-2005, 12:10 PM
If you are pretty sure UTG will not be reraising, which is probably true if he is LAG and raises light, then I'd call. The real fun is when UTG reraises and SB folds. Then you are in a pickle.

flawless_victory
10-24-2005, 12:27 PM
i would usually muck it.

mikech
10-24-2005, 12:36 PM
either muck or just stick it in. i don't see how calling is any good. the raise is too much of your stack to play for a set, and you've got the utg 1st raiser behind you still to act. and if you do call, you're gonna have to fold an A- or K-high flop; possibly get stacked on a rag flop if you really are up against AA/KK; and lastly, win nothing more from AK on a rag flop when they check-fold. so, muck it or push preflop.

AceHiStation
10-24-2005, 01:12 PM
I likely call and look to get involved in a non A/K flop. At this level you can expect all of the players to know the tendencies of the other players. SB could be looking to put the pressure on UTG as UTG is very loose-aggressive preflop. I make the call and take advantage of my position on the flop.

ahnuld
10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I flat called. UTG raiser folded (he really must have had [censored]) and coldcaller coldcalled again.

520 in the pot, flop comes Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
GIN! sb leads for 400. Just call? I have the coldcaller to think about. but if a J K A come on turn, im not happy.

PoBoy321
10-24-2005, 10:20 PM
What color is your Q?

300CE24
10-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Any reasonable draw (flush or open ended) is gonna call allin here anyway, so you might as well just call and thereby try to lure in the cold caller and his whatever hand. No matter what the turn card is, I think you're calling/going allin. Only trouble is a J on the turn makin AK the nuts, cos maybe AK folds to an allin on the flop.

Bosox
10-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Muck preflop. A,K flop and you've gotta fold, JTx flop and the only high PPs that you were beating now have you owned, and a rag flop and you're getting stacked by what is most often AA or KK anyways. Pushing here is terrible because you won't get looked up by a hand that's better than 50/50 for you. Let it go.

psuasskicker
10-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I hate cold calling. It's too easy to read your hand now, cause what in God's name are you cold calling that reraise with?

This looks like an all in or fold to me, and considering your first raiser is UTG and your second raiser is SB - two of the most OOP players at the table - I think you have to be up against serious strength somewhere. The only "worse" hand that may ... MAY ... call you is AK, and you're only a coin flip against it.

I think this is a fairly easy fold.

- C -