PDA

View Full Version : First 5-10, getting lags to go away

ahnuld
10-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Playing 5-10 nl for the first time this moring on prima. Iv been playing very tight for the first hour, mostly becuase no real hands. No stats, but id guess my vp$ip is like 15 and pfr is 5. I get AJ suited and raise in late position to 40. The blinds, one good LAG and one bad LAG come along for the ride.

The flop is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, not my suits. Checked to me, I bet 70 into 118 pot. sb folds, good lag makes it 210. I call planning on taking it away if checked to. If he leads turn he probably has it.

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, he checks I bet 380 into 520 pot. He folds, I show. Is this dumb or good to get the lags off my back? As a lag, how would you interpret this? Would you attack again or wait around for better hands in the future?

AZK
10-24-2005, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't show this. You don't want people becoming aware that you are aware of their tendencies and have formulated strategies to counter those tendencies. Also, against players that are thinking, he doesn't have a k, so if I cr he will fold, another way to represent a king and get them off your back is to check flop...like if you have a good hand and dont want to get blown off by them making a play...

mgsimpleton
10-24-2005, 12:05 PM
whoa don't show. ever. you want to have more information than them, that you know they were bluffing is key -they can't know you know they werebluffing b ecause now they will switch it up. you just gave up the advantage of your read.

mikech
10-24-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He folds, I show. Is this dumb or good to get the lags off my back? As a lag, how would you interpret this? Would you attack again or wait around for better hands in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't see why a loose player would tighten up after you show him that you're loose too; seeing that would probly just encourage him to out-lag you, i think.

i only bluff a couple times a session, and i rarely show them. (unless it's a really tight table and i want to loosen it up, in which case i'll show and say something stupid like, "c'mon guys, you're making this too easy.") i prefer to show my strong hands so when i DO find a spot to bluff, i'm more likely to get a fold.