PDA

View Full Version : Stars? Party?.......Help?

10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Hello 2+2er's....

I'm sure this question has been asked a ton of times....and i do apologize for the repeat question. I was playing on stars for awhile, cash, headsup tournies, few sng's...and did fairly well......it then started to run really bad on stars for about a week and a half, horrible bad beats, were talkin out of control bad beats, nothing I have ever seen before in online poker...sets losing to quads...etc...you all have heard it over and over again and im sure your tired of hearing it....anyways i switch to party poker for awhile and was playing the 20+2 and 30+3 sng's and 100NL 6 handed and did pretty well...last night i played a few 20+2 and 30+3 sngs on party, didnt hit some flops and lost and that isn't a big deal. But one thing I do not like about party's sng's is only getting 800 starting chips, you miss a few flops and your short stacked right away and almost forced to go into all in mode. My main question is what in your opinion is the best site for sng's, what site has the best format? has the softest games? possibly get a decent rakeback deal (i will be playing 3-6 sng's a night after i get out of work)? I do have rakeback setup at Empire right now but have no played there since party jumped ship. So I am wondering what all of your opinions are on the best site overall to play sng's at and have the best chance of keeping a decent bankroll....

thanks a bunch guys for your opinions in advance it will help me out a bunch..

dougan

Hornacek
10-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Party. The most n00bs, the 800 starting chips, while forcing it into a push/fold situation rather quickly, is the best at making the most money in the shortest amt of time. If you play enough, the variance works itself out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif And you can find a RB deal if you're creative, but don't bother asking me... for all I know, Rakeback is illegal at Party. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Onaflag
10-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Don't take it personally when you get dragged through the trenches for this post, but be forewarned. Mine may be the only non-sarcastic reply.

It doesn't matter whether you play Stars or Party. Its a personal preference. You can get a little fancier on Stars before entering push mode, but not much. Most people here will tell you the best hourly rates are to be had at Party.

Onaflag............

durron597
10-24-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it then started to run really bad on stars for about a week and a half, horrible bad beats, were talkin out of control bad beats, nothing I have ever seen before in online poker...sets losing to quads...etc...you all have heard it over and over again and im sure your tired of hearing it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance

[ QUOTE ]
But one thing I do not like about party's sng's is only getting 800 starting chips, you miss a few flops and your short stacked right away and almost forced to go into all in mode. My main question is what in your opinion is the best site for sng's, what site has the best format?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has a lot more to do with your personality, there are plenty of fish on Stars they are just different than Party. It all comes down to what suits your personality, I like the Stars Turbo format a little better than Party I think but really it's more about how your style adjusts than anything else.

tigerite
10-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Also, the whole "miss a few flops" thing is why we mostly play pretty tight on Party, to give us as many chips as possible moving into 25/50 and 50/100.. that way a double up really makes a huge difference rather than just keeping you alive. Of course this varies sometimes, but it's as close to a "hard and fast" rule as there is.

For the same reason, doubling up early is nice, but doesn't come close to guaranteeing you even ITM.

10-24-2005, 11:40 AM
thank you for your honest opinions, i believe stars is going to fit by personality the best...i really like the 1500 starting chips....i am going to play there and keep track of how i do....thx again guys