PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 NL heads up hand

10-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Stacks are about even at $1400 each. I get KK in big blind and small blind min raises...I reraise $75....SB reraises $300 and I push because he's been reraising a lot of hands that aren't AA. Turns out he has AA. Should I have played this differently or do I just call it a set up and move on???

snowbank
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
If he's been re-raising like that a lot, I'd push. Just look and see if he re-raises to $300 a lot like that.

jman220
10-24-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stacks are about even at $1400 each. I get KK in big blind and small blind min raises...I reraise $75....SB reraises $300 and I push because he's been reraising a lot of hands that aren't AA. Turns out he has AA. Should I have played this differently or do I just call it a set up and move on???

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I'd post this in the Mid-High stakes pot limit/no limit forum for better information.
2. We need more info, but I don't know, its not just htat he reraised you, its that he min-raised, then reraised, to me that puts most peoples ranges at AA, KK, and maybe QQ or AK suited if he's really fishy, but I think at those stakes its pretty much AA or KK. You have any pokertracker stats on this guy?
3. The fact that he actually had AA is irrelevant to the analysis of this hand, when you post this hand in mid-high stakes pot limit/ no limit, do not post the results (the fact that he had AA), you will get better analysis as a result and will be a lot less likely to be ridiculed.

jeffraider
10-25-2005, 01:03 AM
If you really have to ask this, do you think you should be playing 5/10 NL heads up?