PDA

View Full Version : Go insult people somewhere else *NM*

03-07-2002, 11:41 AM

03-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Mason, please move or remove. Thanks.

KJS

03-07-2002, 12:02 PM
The definition of selfishness is when somebody is color-blind to economics - and to how tax policies are hurting poor people - but is capable only of recognizing whether he, himself is being called a dunce or not.

I think it is funny, how I could write an entire essay elucidating some misunderstood economic process or other, and whom the victims are - but call KJS a dunce once, buried in one paragraph somehwere - and KJS could read the whole thing from end to end, think about, it, read it again, think about it, and conclude

"Hey, he called me a dunce."

That's the fun I'm having with you, KJS! It's like one of those color-recognition tests the opthalmologist gives you with some letter or number resolved in a bunch of slightly different colored dots. It's a test to see whether you care one whit about, or are capable of recgonizing anything, apart from your own ego, your own emotions.

But you don't you are incapable of it. Your brain gravitates toward, and fixates on, one narrow, isolated, pinpoint. It's tunnel vision thorugh the lens of the self.

That's the bait. If I write an essay that 1) describes a complex system wherein taxes hurt poor people, and 2) puts forth a simple proposition that KJS is a dunce in the same space, let's see which signal KJS's brain will perceive!

And you proved it clear as day. Your brain is a simple machine capable of one job: Looking out for your own self interest.

eLROY

03-07-2002, 01:59 PM
"If I write an essay that 1) describes a complex system wherein taxes hurt poor people, and 2) puts forth a simple proposition that KJS is a dunce in the same space, let's see which signal KJS's brain will perceive!"

While the first point of your essay might be very worthwhile, the second point begins to reflect on you. Many people will of course seize on the second point and wonder why you had the need to say it and just conclude that you are somewhat insecure, and thus not even confident in your first point.

Again, this forum is starting to get out of hand, and the number of insults between posters will only serve to damage it. So, everyone, please step back, and just concentrate on the issues at hand and leave the personal things out of it.

Thanks,

Mason

03-07-2002, 02:29 PM
Doesn't getting personal attention from The Great Guru just melt your butter? /images/oh.gif

I do genuinely want to discourage and hurt anybody who promotes the taxes I have to pay every day - once Plan A , enlightenment, has failed, that is. It's a two-pronged approach:)

But hey, nobody likes to be punished, and Mason certainly wants to provide people with a comfortable forum which suits their tastes - even if they have robbed me.

So, out of graciousness to Mason for having provided us with so many wonderful forums, and acknowledging they would not exist at all were it not for the wisdom of his stewardship, I shall refrain from my "tough love" in the future.

Rule 1 for evaluating all future posts shall be "Will this post increase or decrease future forum participation?"

Once you have them, you can dispose with them as you please, only so long as you don't violate the rule that got you there.

It ain't gonna be no fun - but nobody ever said the liberals didn't have us over a barrel.

Besides, I do love KJS, and to have him go around thinking otherwise would be to lie to him.

eLROY:)

03-07-2002, 02:58 PM
For the record, I have never felt personal insulted by you. I only feel that you use insults in a way that is not constructive and that hurts everyone's ability to participate without being opened up to personal abuse.

I am glad to see that are offering to refrain from continuing this pattern. Thank you.

KJS