PDA

View Full Version : Awesome breakfasts...

WillMagic
10-24-2005, 07:31 AM
So this morning, I'm randomly driving around town, searching for something egg-related to eat. I don't want to have to sit down at a diner and wait for half an hour to get my food, either, because the Bodog 100K was starting in 30 minutes. Then - bang, there's Noah's Bagels, a place I'd heard good things about but never tried.

Long story short - their Egg, Turkey Sausage and Cheese Eggmits is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

Which gets me thinking - There must be a lot of really good breakfasts I don't know about. So, I don't care if it's a breakfast you get at a restaurant or if it's your special recipe - if it's good, post it.

Will

GuyOnTilt
10-24-2005, 07:40 AM
I heart Noah's. That particular one you got is very good. As long as you ordered it on GoodEgg, you get an A+. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

WillMagic
10-24-2005, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I heart Noah's. That particular one you got is very good. As long as you ordered it on GoodEgg, you get an A+. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a difference between GoodEgg and Egg? Because I think I got mine on Egg.

Whatever. It kicked serious ass.

Will

GuyOnTilt
10-24-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Is there a difference between GoodEgg and Egg?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, I just thought that's what Noah's called their egg bagel. Maybe not. I think I'll go there for breakfast tomorrow.

GoT

samjjones
10-24-2005, 09:44 AM
I enjoy Boar's Head ham & egg on a good everything bagel, with a chocolate milk to wash it down.

xadrez
10-24-2005, 09:49 AM
scrapple is the bomb

EMcWilliams
10-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Hungryman hero from a good deli will make my mouth water an hour later when it comes for round 2.

RunDownHouse
10-24-2005, 10:29 AM
http://nice-n-fun.com/mcgriddle/mcgriddles.jpg

kipin
10-24-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://nice-n-fun.com/mcgriddle/mcgriddles.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.

durron597
10-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Johnny G's in West Palm Beach, Florida. I haven't been there in years, but it's the best breakfast on the planet (IMO).

AZK
10-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Home made breakfast sandwhich:

toast bagel, cheddar, 3 eggs (2 white 1 whole) microwaved in tupperware for 1.5 minutes. Takes about 2 minutes to make and 30 seconds to clean up. Simple, easy, cheaper/healthier than buying breakfast sandwhiches....

JihadOnTheRiver
10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Egg's Benedict with Avacado is a staple for me, but apparently not everybody has heard of it. Its excellent.

IndieMatty
10-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Second time I've mentioned this in 24 hours. Toasted Everything Bagel + two fried eggs + swiss cheese + sausage patty; S/P/K. The good.

Now, for Restaurants. Nothing will compare to Royal Canadian (now closed) in New York. This place was absolutely ridiculous. If you ordered french toast? They gave you an entire loaf of bread cooked as french toast. An Omelette? Probably 10-12 eggs. The pancakes? One 1.5 inch thick pancake about as big as the Wimbledon Platter. Fresh everything too. The best meal was a Womelete. It was a belgian waffle with a ham and cheese omelette on top. They stuck cheese in the middle and sour cream and chives on top.

Too bad they closed them all down. (I imagine their profit margin was pretty slim because of the portions).

kipin
10-24-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
toast bagel, cheddar, 3 eggs (2 white 1 whole) microwaved in tupperware for 1.5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just say you microwave a bagel for 1.5 minutes to make a sandwich?

Heretic.

Ever heard of a toaster oven?

AZK
10-24-2005, 10:59 AM
nonono...

crack eggs, throw in dish, microwave 1.5 minutes
toast bagel in TOASTER during this time.

They come out at the same time, you put cheese on and eat then burn roof of mouth. Or wait 2 minutes then eat.

Super easy.

kipin
10-24-2005, 11:09 AM
OK that sounds a bit better... I thought you toasted the bagel first and then put the toasted bagel in with the cooked eggs (Assembled into a sandwich at this point) and then melted the cheese by microwaving.

This whole plan created in my head sounds horrible. Especially the microwaving for 1.5 minutes to melt the cheese.

10-24-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Second time I've mentioned this in 24 hours. Toasted Everything Bagel + two fried eggs + swiss cheese + sausage patty; S/P/K. The good.

Now, for Restaurants. Nothing will compare to Royal Canadian (now closed) in New York. This place was absolutely ridiculous. If you ordered french toast? They gave you an entire loaf of bread cooked as french toast. An Omelette? Probably 10-12 eggs. The pancakes? One 1.5 inch thick pancake about as big as the Wimbledon Platter. Fresh everything too. The best meal was a Womelete. It was a belgian waffle with a ham and cheese omelette on top. They stuck cheese in the middle and sour cream and chives on top.

Too bad they closed them all down. (I imagine their profit margin was pretty slim because of the portions).

[/ QUOTE ]

Royal Canadian Pancake House. I remember going there in the early - mid 90's and actually trying to finish one pancake. Not only were they BIG they were actually good. Great place. The one I went to was on I think Broadway in the 80s.
That Wimbeldon Platter sounds awesome.

IndieMatty
10-24-2005, 11:15 AM
I live up on Broadway, and was very confused when I just saw them still listed. And a review from 2004? I called the number and it is out of service, I'm going to go to the addess soon to triple check. Here is some more on them.

Chicks Dig Big Pancakes (http://www.affiliatetip.com/velocitynycblog/archives/royal_canadian_pancake_house_happy_times_3.html)

housenuts
10-24-2005, 11:15 AM
hands down meal deal #2 at mcdonalds. sausage n 'egger with hash brown and coffee

boedeker
10-24-2005, 11:29 AM
he means microwave the eggs

MonkeeMan
10-24-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
scrapple is the bomb

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

offTopic
10-24-2005, 12:51 PM
- Coconut and macadamia pancakes at Stacks in Menlo Park.
- Pretty much anything at Original Pancake House in Los Altos.

Blarg
10-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Coconut and macadamia pancakes sounds really good.

Reqtech
10-24-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
scrapple is the bomb

[/ QUOTE ]

All that is good in the pig, boiled up, processed, and integrated into cornmeal. Then battered and fried, covered in syrup.

To die for! (literally /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

So delicious.

SossMan
10-24-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, there's an 'original pancake house' in Fremont, too. I wonder which one is the original Original Pancake House...

offTopic
10-24-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, there's an 'original pancake house' in Fremont, too. I wonder which one is the original Original Pancake House...

[/ QUOTE ]

Portland, OR, apparently. (http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/)

Damn. Now I'm really hungry for pancakes. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bugstud
10-24-2005, 03:17 PM
if you want to make your own, any garlic onion cheese and bacon eggs are superb.

hobbsmann
10-24-2005, 03:26 PM
sausage egg and cheese on a bagel from dunkin' donuts.....mmmmmm so good.

sfer
10-24-2005, 04:01 PM
I can think of few things more satisfying that a freshly baked, warm bagel from Ess-A-Bagel.