PDA

View Full Version : SNG vs MTT

10-24-2005, 05:43 AM
I'm not too sure if this is a valid question but

Right now im playing the 22s @ about 500 tournaments.

Is there any extra value i can expect if i decide to convert to MTT? I prefer SNG to ring games due to lower variance, and have been getting a steady ROI (17%) in the 22s, so should I spend the extra effort learning MTT or honing my skills on the 22s. I ask this because I can only afford to play approx 2 hours a day max.

tigerite
10-24-2005, 05:45 AM
MTTs are higher variance than SNGs and quite probably than limit games, too..

Slim Pickens
10-24-2005, 05:58 AM
My ROI at the $22 MTT's is 12,412.82%. It was only about 7% at the $22 STT's. I think multis are more profitable.

PS: My MTT sample size is 2 but I think that win rate is sustainable.

10-24-2005, 06:17 AM
If your refering to the larger MTT's, then obviously a little more that 2 hours per day is needed as many go 6+ hours deep. I recently switched to plaing primarily SNG's, but I'll still play a couple MTT's per week just to mix things up or change pace.

10-24-2005, 06:24 AM
The skill sets are different, but assuming you can attain an equal skill level at each, here are my guesses:

MTTs are profitable for a smaller percentage of players than STTs. For an even smaller percentage of players, then, MTTs are more profitable STTs.

MTTs have much higher variance for playres of any skill level. The difference is probably enough that anyone playing a particular buyin STT because of bankroll rather than skill would be better off playing STTs than lower buyin MTTs.

lacky
10-24-2005, 08:14 AM
mtt's are the longest form of poker and they are the highest varience poker, so I guess i'm missing the point of your question. if you don't already know those two things you definately should not play mtt's.

Steve

citanul
10-24-2005, 12:55 PM
if you can only play 2 hours of poker a day, playing mtts is totally ridiculous.

the general question of "should i play game x v game 7" should be answerable only with lots of information, none of which anyone ever puts in such posts.

c

benfranklin
10-24-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you can only play 2 hours of poker a day, playing mtts is totally ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you always bust out early /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
the general question of "should i play game x v game 7" should be answerable only with lots of information, none of which anyone ever puts in such posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who know enough to put the right information in such a question are the people who know how to figure out the answer themselves.