PDA

View Full Version : Getting an image.

1800GAMBLER
06-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Lee Jones said the best image to have a low limit poker is a loose image due to people aren't player watching at low limit so i tight player wouldn't get noticed but a loose one would thus get more calls.

He carried on to write that you should get a loose image but you shouldn't play wrong to get one. This is the part that really confused me.

If you loosen up you are going to have to play more starting hands, bet more marginal hands and go to more showdowns, and if you are doing this more you probably aren't doing it at the right frequency.

So i'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to get a loose image without playing incorrectly.

Thanks and sorry for posting lots in this forum /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

bernie
06-06-2003, 08:45 PM
i wouldnt worry about 'trying' to get an image. that could cause you to adjust your play wehn you dont need to. id much rather recognize your image in regards to how players are acting/reacting when youre in a pot. THEN take advantage of it. you wont know your actual image until you see how they play against you. play to the texture of the table. and when the texture changes, change with it. your image may go through many changes during a session anyways.

image is also the last thing id be concerned about. if you play bad and have holes, it wont matter what your image is.

when youre getting no action on your hands, then its time to adjust your 'image'. if youre getting plenty of action, why worry?

hope this helps

b

Glenn
06-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Don't try to get an image, just be aware of what image you have. For instance, if you have been getting a lot of good hands and winning without showdowns then people might be getting frustrated and be more likely to call you down. On the other hand, if you have frequently been folding to raises or check raises, realize people will be more likely to take shots at you. However, at the lowest limits, it really doesn't matter at all, as most of your opponents are barely considering what their own cards are, nevermind what yours are.

Regards

Glenn

rayrns
06-07-2003, 06:25 AM
I believe he also says one way to look loose is in the situations where you have a draw to a nut flush/str8 that you can raise for value. If you hit your hand, when you showdown, the players will percieve you as gambling. Thus a looser image while still playing a tight game.

flub
06-17-2003, 05:29 AM
test

smd
06-17-2003, 09:57 AM
There is one thing I tend to do that is very cheap. Unless I take a seat UTG, I will immediately post instead of waiting for the blinds. I think that waiting for 5-6 hands for the blinds protrays a 'tight' first impression with everybody.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Really? Usually the image you get from posting anywhere but behind the button is *fish*