PDA

View Full Version : TPTK in trouble again

NoSkills
10-24-2005, 03:46 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 ($107.40)
MP2 ($64.90)
CO ($246.60)
Button ($29)
Hero ($298.05)
BB ($108.40)
UTG ($177.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $6, Button folds.

Flop: ($16) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $20.

Turn: ($76) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $40</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $116

The table had been limping alot, but up till now a good size raise had taken the pot. Plenty of times I had had 1-2 callers taking the hand with a continuation bet. 6 hands ago my con-bet had been check raised and I had folded. I think this is a good example of why the small-blind is not the place and AJo is not the hand to try this, but now I dug the hole where do I get out?
Villian has been loose and very aggresive post flop.
On the flop - TPTK nice! Standard bet should take this one down. Uh-oh his raise... what now? Should I just fold here - I have made a hand though. We're both quite deep stacked though and I hate committing with just TPTK. His range of hands: 33, 88, overpair, club draw, straight draw, 9cTc, AJ, KJ, QJ, JT or nothing. I call hoping (&lt;--my biggest leak?) to get a better idea on the turn
Turn - That's a good card for me probably. If I was ahead I still am I think, might have given a draw a few more outs. Anyone bet here to find out whats going on? His bet is a good size and I feel I'm getting sucked in drawing dead - he's probably pushing the river and I don't think I can take that heat. I briefly flirt with pushing myself - take a reality check and fold.
Like many rash decisions the pre-flop raise in a bad position with a bad hand has cost me plenty here. Given that post flop how do I improve my play/thinking?

10-24-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KJ, QJ, JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that? Even if so, I feel bad about it but I fold the flop. You are calling hoping he checks behind on the turn? Not a good plan IMO

But yeah I don't raise preflop here

f2aler
10-24-2005, 06:01 AM
I agree with this laydown. If I am UTG in this situation and I have 33 or 88, I would probably have played exactly like that hoping that you would overplay AJ or KJ.

Or if he didn't have a set, he should acted like it. This is why I never raise in SB unless I have a very strong hand or playing against serious chumps.

kurto
10-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Ugg. This hand is gross. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Why are you raising with a weakhand, in the worst position you can have? You're building a large pot with junk out of position. I think this really shows the value of position. And how crappy AJos is.

If you play AJ, don't play it from the SB, DON'T raise with it in EP. And you're looking to play a small pot with TPTK.

You give your opponent a large hand range. Whether or not you should get out is very dependent on how accurate the range of hands he would reraise you with. Though if he's decent, I don't think he's going to limp UTG with all those hands.

Limp PF. Bet on the flop. If I get reraised, I either checkcall or consider folding, depending on the player.