PDA

View Full Version : NC: Limit vs. NL br problem, discuss with me

10-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Okay, Im a successful low limit NL player, and I want to switch to limit. The first step in my Limit plan is to clear the $300 bonus at Empire so I have a br to work my way up.

After 2 hours at .50/1 I have 114 hands towards the ~6000 I need to clear it. That's four tabling, which I have been convinced Im not apt to do competently yet. I am, however, able to successfully nutpeddle 25nl for $10/hr 4 tabling. So, Im wondering if yall think it would be better for me to clear the bonus at NL and then move to 1/2 limit with $600, or grind out the bonus at .50/1.

Im leaning towards the 25nl option, because I am capable of clearing while finishing and rereading SSHE, and I have absorbed alot of it that I have read so far.

The only detriment that I see in doing it that way is that I will lose the 60 some odd hours of experience at .50/1 that I would have garnered.

Is there a significant skill difference from .50/1 to 1/2? I really would like to be at 1/2 after I clear.

Thank you for your input.

lautzutao
10-24-2005, 03:47 AM
grind the bonus playing NL, then move to 1/2

shant
10-24-2005, 03:49 AM
I think you should do the NL plan. I think you should have read, and started to re-read SSHE before attempting to 4-table limit. You can still start out at .5/1 when you're done clearing. You could play some .5/1 and some 1/2 at the same time and see where you feel comfortable, but you should read SSHE before any of that.

10-24-2005, 03:58 AM
k, I only started limit because of the bonus... and it's on Empire, yuck.

thanks for the advice, Im definitely going with NL.

and, to the last poster... haha, white tee... tell me you've heard the "pink tee" remix??

if not, PM me and I'll AIM it to ya.