PDA

View Full Version : Eye Damage from laptop screen?

10-24-2005, 02:39 AM
Is it possible to permantently damage your eyes from staring at the computer screen too much?

Lately my eyes have been playing wierd tricks on me, I see things move in the corner of my eye that aren't there, or I'll see colored spots randomly. I've noticed it comes after I've been up real late using the computer (it's happening right now). However I also notice these problems during the day, away from my computer screen. I'm begining to think that my eyes are being damaged by my laptop.

Does anyone else get things like this from watchign their computer screen? Is this something to be worried about?

ZeeJustin
10-24-2005, 02:41 AM
I believe I have noticed a significant correlation between eye strain and computer time. I believe my eyes have suffered greatly due to long hours in front of bright monitors.

10-24-2005, 02:42 AM
eye strain is one thing, but could you permanently damage your eyes? (I assume eye strain isn't permantent right?)

ZeeJustin
10-24-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
eye strain is one thing, but could you permanently damage your eyes? (I assume eye strain isn't permantent right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Things seem to get better after a significant period of time away from the computer. I would guess that the longterm effects are minimal, but I'm not really sure. I'm just talking from personal experience here.