PDA

View Full Version : Going from short-handed to full table

Phlounder
06-06-2003, 06:21 PM
When playing 2 table NL Sit & Go's on Pokerstars, I usually do fairly well when there are 5 or 6 people at the 1st table. When the tables combine into the final 9 is when I get knocked out usually. I play the same cards the same way as I do at the short-handed table. How much should I loosen or tighten up when going to the final table? Should I keep playing the same cards? I mostly play pocket pairs, 1-gapped suited cards, A-x suited cards, and any 2 face cards pre-flop(Assuming there's no raise). Any help appreciated.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-06-2003, 09:29 PM
"When the tables combine into the final 9 is when I get knocked out usually. I play the same cards the same way as I do at the short-handed table."

There's your problem right there. Nine handed is much different than short handed, especially in a tournament. Nine handed, you have to tighten back up and mostly play only big cards. Short handed you can play many more hands, many more steals. Small and medium pairs are no good late in a tournament at a full table, unless you can steal with them. Suited connectors that are smaller than about QJ are fairly worthless when you're fairly close to the bubble. You need to make some adjustments and you'll have better results.

al