PDA

View Full Version : Time to move up?

10-24-2005, 02:09 AM
I was getting frustrated with full table games and my play and decided to take the 6 max plunge. I think this has really helped my game and caused me to get away from mindless abc poker. I have been playing 3/6 6 max PP since mid July and and have played 40k hands. I wanted to get to 1000bb/50k hands at this level and evaluate where I stand. I am beating the game for 1.9bb/100 presently and hope to even off around 2+bb/100 come 50k hands. I feel like I have been making good strides and improving, but I am not sure if I should take a crack at 5/10. I thought of adding tables at 3/6, but 4 is my comfort zone and I don't think that is the answer. Just looking for thoughts and anyone who may have had a similar situation. Oh yea, I am about 21/14 and these have been on the rise. I get the sense that my VIP should be higher, but not sure where to make changes. Thoughts? Any thoughts on the 5/10 vrs 3/6 6 max PP games? Sorry for the long post and thanks for the advice.

Nick Royale
10-24-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yea, I am about 21/14 and these have been on the rise. I get the sense that my VIP should be higher, but not sure where to make changes.

[/ QUOTE ]
14 pfr is awfully low too. I think it's good to take stabs at higher levels (if you got the bankroll), but I'm not sure you're ready, it seems you have some things to work on (not saying you wouldn't be a winning player at 5/10). Read the sh-forum and find the hands you're missing. But it's also about how comfortable you feel when playing.

I don't play 6max so take my advice fwiw.

waffle
10-24-2005, 07:45 AM
21/14 isn't that bad. I recommend using paragraphs and contributing more to the forum. Don't be a leech.

Nick Royale
10-24-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
21/14 isn't that bad. I recommend using paragraphs and contributing more to the forum. Don't be a leech.

[/ QUOTE ]
It isn't that bad but far from optimal. My inexperience tells me he should work on his game before he moves to 5/10.

10-24-2005, 10:12 AM
This is sort of what I was expecting. Also, not trying to leech. I will take a look in the short-handed forum.

Thanks