PDA

View Full Version : 6-max AK OOP

sourbeaver
10-24-2005, 02:03 AM
Villain is 47/7/1.5
My read is obviously AK-AJ.
Comments please.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG ($41.95)
MP ($71.25)
CO ($44.23)
Button ($35.62)
SB ($37.65)
Hero ($47.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50, MP calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, MP folds.

Turn: ($16.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, CO calls $7.

River: ($40.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, villain pushes 9 more, Hero calls $9.23.

10-24-2005, 02:05 AM
If you're raising the turn, why aren't you raising the flop?

sourbeaver
10-24-2005, 02:59 PM
I swear, you guys are boycotting me /images/graemlins/frown.gif
Should I stop posting altogether ?

Kyriefurro
10-24-2005, 03:27 PM
My thoughts:

1) Villain is only semi-aggressive post flop.

2) Your check-raise on the turn screams "flush" even if it was somewhat of a bluff. It would take a real stupid fish to fail to put you on clubs.

3) Villain called your check-raise anyway.

That being said, I'm guessing villain has: The nut-club flush and is happily realing you in or a set and is hoping the board will pair, or villain is a complete idiot. While it would be nice if it's the last one, it's more likely that either the first or second scenerio is actually true.

That being said, I think once the board pairs on the river I'm inclined to check/fold. There's nothing out there that I beat.

PinkSteel
10-24-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I swear, you guys are boycotting me /images/graemlins/frown.gif
Should I stop posting altogether ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love your stuff, sour, but your 2am posts have fallen way off the front page by the time I look in at 7am. Bump, dammit, bump!

Based on villain's numbers and the fact that there are only two A's you can't see, it seems at least as likely that he's holding two /images/graemlins/club.gifs, especially after he calls your raise. I'd probably check the river, maybe call a modest bet but not a push.

sourbeaver
10-24-2005, 04:11 PM
You and Kyrie provided me with two very good reasons why not to play late in the AM. I agree that there's not much that I beat unless villain is a pure fish, and I didn't have a very solid read that said so.

I was pretty tired, because my line doesn't even make sense today. I should've raised flop, and shut down if called. I don't think AQ-AT was firing much into that board on turn/river if I raise the flop.

GoCubsGo
10-24-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My read is obviously AK-AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd include 99-KK, KQ and KJ, and AK-A9 preflop. After the turn action, I think you can narrow it down to A9, 99, or KQ/KJ /images/graemlins/club.gif. If he doesn't have any of these, then he is just terrible and you would have hopefully noticed by now. I think you should lead the turn and see what he does. By doing this, he can call with hands that you are ahead of and if he raises, you can get away from it relatively cheaply. By check raising, you will either take it down right there or be way behind. With the hands that he folds to a check raise, he might call a simple bet with. With the hands he calls your check-raise, he may raise you and you can fold it. Allows you to win the max and lose the min.

If you were trying to represent the flush and make him fold A9 or 99, you have to give up on the river. Check/fold.

Malachii
10-24-2005, 07:31 PM
I usually just checkraise this flop. I'm willing to get all in if it comes to that against the preflop raiser. It's interesting to me that you're representing the flush, but Villain calls anyway and then pushes when the board pairs. Against a better opponent I think you can fold to the river push, but obviously not against someone whos 47/7/1.5.

I think Villain's hand range is 99 and then AK-AJ. Perhaps KJ or QJ /images/graemlins/club.gif as well.

GoCubsGo
10-24-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Villain's hand range is 99 and then AK-AJ. Perhaps KJ or QJ /images/graemlins/club.gif as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you exclude AT and A9? I raise about 7% of hands as well, and I am definitely raising AT or A9 with position here.

Malachii
10-24-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you exclude AT and A9? I raise about 7% of hands as well, and I am definitely raising AT or A9 with position here.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's possible but I don't think he plays AT this strongly. I don't think he raises A9 and I don't think you should be either honestly at 6max. Why play a big pot with a hand that's probably dominated if it gets any action? Just fold it preflop unless it's suited.

Rockatansky
10-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Maybe I'm a weakie, but I think Hero gets shown A-A, 9-9, or K-Q /images/graemlins/club.gif almost always here.

xorbie
10-24-2005, 10:36 PM
I usually like to weak lead the flop, he'll raise often, if he doesn't then lead pot on turn.

Wayfare
10-24-2005, 10:44 PM
I love your play provided the flush doesn't come off. When it does, I just call the turn and check/fold or check/call the river depending on his bet size and whether the fourth club fell.

Riposte
10-24-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My read is obviously AK-AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that's your read, I guess it works to check-call. But why raise the turn if that's your read? I'd much prefer to bet the flop.

SineNomine
10-25-2005, 02:53 AM
I think I would bet the pot or close to it, on the flop. I don't consider TPTK to be strong enough to slow play with a flush draw on the board. I want to take away the pot odds for the flush draw. If I did check the flop and villain bet, I would reraise strongly looking to take the pot immediately. Check-call is I think the worst option. 7% PFR allows for a broader range of hands than AK-AJ and the draw is just too dangerous.