PDA

View Full Version : Great flop for me....whats my line?

mtdoak
10-24-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm in the CO with AT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Blinds are 300/600, i'm about average with 7k. Short stack in MP pushes for 1500, guy next to him cold calls, I cold call, blinds both fold.

Flop comes J98 with two spades. Cold caller leads with 2000. My move? I'm a slight favorite to anything but a set or a made straight or two pair.

A_Junglen
10-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Well, I would've folded without thinking preflop.

Your only move postflop is allin.

mtdoak
10-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Getting 2.5-1 preflop with position you muck ATs? If the short stack has somethink like 88 and the cold caller has something as good as KK, i'm still getting the right price for less than 25% of my chips. Even if he has AK getting 2.5-1 the call is right. Only hand its not the right call against is AA

Roman
10-24-2005, 01:12 AM
aye you could be dominated and will only see 3 cards most likely. Also sometimes, u are squashed (like AK and JJ).

Postflop: push obv

LearnedfromTV
10-24-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
aye you could be dominated and will only see 3 cards most likely. Also sometimes, u are squashed (like AK and JJ).

Postflop: push obv

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible... the original pusher had 2,5 x BB, no way he's on that tight a range. Caller doesn't have to mean much. I would have pushed over the top preflop. Depending on the read of the caller- certain kinds of players would only be calling with monsters here. But most of the time push preflop, get it heads up w/ short stack. On the flop, uh, push twice if they let you.

ansky451
10-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Preflop I push or fold.

Flop, is a trivially easy push.

cferejohn
10-24-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the CO with AT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Blinds are 300/600, i'm about average with 7k. Short stack in MP pushes for 1500, guy next to him cold calls, I cold call, blinds both fold.

Flop comes J98 with two spades. Cold caller leads with 2000. My move? I'm a slight favorite to anything but a set or a made straight or two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a favorite now, but if you call and miss, you wont be anymore. Ergo, put the chips in now when you know you are a favorite. Bear in mind that any card that makes your hand is going to be a fairly scary looking card to villan, so you may not be able to get value out of the hand. If he folds, great, if he doesn't, you are almost certainly a favorite.

ZBTHorton
10-24-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I push or fold.

Flop, is a trivially easy push.

[/ QUOTE ]