PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of Online Deals

DAE
06-06-2003, 02:25 PM
I play at several online cardrooms as well as B&M. When you switch frequently between online rooms, the differences in the "random shuffles" become pretty apparent. All these games can be beat, you just have to cashout (and switch sites) when things start feeling funny.

Pokerstars - Feels closest to B&M. I experience long periods without getting even a playable hand. The flop usually hits few players, and getting to the river without anyone getting even a pair is not uncommon. Quads and bad beats are rare.

Pokerroom - You're dealt a playable hand every round. The flop hits everyone. An average of one quad dealt per hour.

ThePokerclub - Guaranteed that when you raise the blind on the button and get heads up, the blind will flop 2 pair or better. Try it, its amazing.

Pacific - Bot city. Always 9/10 seated. Ever notice that the flop % for ALL tables is ALWAYS 60-70%? Compare this the typical 20-40% at all other sites.

Paradise - An infuriating psychological torture chamber where four full houses are dealt every hand.

jek187
06-06-2003, 02:31 PM
LOL, poor misguided DAE. You have no idea what you're in for.

LondonBroil
06-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Have you tried playing more than 1 hour at any of these sites?

MS Sunshine
06-06-2003, 03:10 PM
And on this day, DAE is awarded Order of Kookdom knighthood and will henceforth be called Sir DAE Lord High Kook.

Did your family live near a chemical plant when you were young?

MS Sunshine

DAE
06-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Are you one of those naive fools who thinks that ALL online gambling, for the entire history of the internet have had untampered deals? Blackjack, roulette, slots, poker - all sites fair? Or are poker sites the only ones immune from dishonest, greedy operators? What a joke.

Jimbo
06-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Dae, it is that you are the first poster to bring this idea to our forum. It just takes a little while to get used to this concept of rigged deals and cheating. Please give MsSunshine some time, I am sure he will give your post the full consideration it truly deserves.

lorinda
06-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Next you'll be telling us that ProPoker and Sunrise, the two most respected sites in the world are rigged.

Any chance you could post an analysis of the last 10000 hands or so on each of the sites you mentioned, it would help to save us from wasting our money on these hideous scams.

Lori

Mike Haven
06-06-2003, 03:46 PM
lol, Jimbo!

give Dae a break - i am sure he didn't mean to imply that the sites we talk about have rigged deals or cheats - i'll bet he means the ones at pokerscene and other forums

if our ones were affected someone would have noticed and told us before now, don't you think?

welcome, Dae - can you tell us some more about their sites, please? it's always interesting to hear what those other guys have to put up with - that's why you'll love playing at our sites

DAE
06-06-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm assuming, that most players who think that it's impossible that any online gambling site has ever been rigged, also dismiss the theory of evolution.

lorinda
06-06-2003, 04:19 PM
I'm assuming, that most players who think that it's impossible that any online gambling site has ever been rigged, also dismiss the theory of evolution.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and fly in the face of your compelling evidence.

Personally I think thwangs hands from True and Paradise and Mongeron's hands from Stars along with the many people who have used poker tracking software go against the crude claims that you are making.

If you would like an update on sophisticated arguments designed to show that online sites are rigged that take more than 5 seconds to disprove using existing posts, you should read some Tom D.

Tom's posts are cunningly fashioned to at least provide possibility of rigged-ness without being shot down by even the newest of Goons on this forum, come back when you have read how to present a decent, plausible argument, and try again.

Currently your score out of ten for being convincing does not register to five decimal places.

There is ample evidence to show that the things you claim to do with juiced flops just ARE NOT HAPPENING.. maybe you should learn about some of the distribution arguments and give yourself a chance.

Lori

redsimon
06-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Well....it's only a THEORY (sarcasm mode on )

DAE
06-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Again, are you willing to say that there has never, ever been an online poker site that rigged the deal, if only even for a short time?

If you concede that possibility, then tell me why they would stop.

Mike Haven
06-06-2003, 04:27 PM
i'm sorry, Dae - i think i am getting confused here

are you saying that cheating and rigged deals do occur at internet poker sites? sites that are making maybe a thousand dollars or more in rake per day from the very people that keep them in operation? why on earth would they risk killing the goose that laid the golden egg when someone such as yourself could tell everyone and everyone would stop playing?

no - if i sold kentucky fried chicken for a living i am darned sure i wouldn't try to pass off boiled rabbits in batter - point proved i think?

and on your other comment, if the theory of evolution was so likely where are the missing links? hah! got you there, haven't i?

Terry
06-06-2003, 04:28 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Paradise - An infuriating psychological torture chamber

[/ QUOTE ]

I just felt that this part was worth repeating. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Emperor
06-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Darwin Himself disproved his own "Theory of Evolution" when he stated that we would find the evidence of cross species mutation in the fossil record. At that time a tiny fraction of the fossil record had been analyzed. Now that a large majority of the fossil record has been analyzed and there is absolutely NO proof of cross species evolution, most semi-intelligent humans agree there must have been an intelligent Creator.

Intelligent Creationism is being taught around the world because Darwinism has been completely disproven by the scientific community.

Next...

DAE
06-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Martha Stewart is a billionare who risked all her fame and fortune for $200K. The President of the US risked impeachemnt to have an affair with an intern.

People are greedy, have weaknesses and make mistakes. I guarantee, that right now a powerful, multi-millionare CEO is doing something illegal that could get him put in jail. GUARANTEEEEEED.

DAE
06-06-2003, 04:42 PM
&gt;Intelligent Creationism is being taught around the world because Darwinism has been completely disproven by the scientific community.

CASE CLOSED!!!

lorinda
06-06-2003, 04:43 PM
I concede the point that Planet did, in fact, for a time have a rigged deal.

They stopped because when they discovered there was a problem, they did not want their customers to think they were being cheated.

I also believe that if sites were ever rigging the deal, then the appearance of tracking software would have caused them to un-riggify it.
I will not dismiss Tom D's claims out of hand, because he has a point, however my personal experiences of my win rate from site to site is such that I believe that the sites I regularly play are either all fair, or all rigging the deal in the same manner.

Lori

HavanaBanana
06-06-2003, 04:47 PM
most semi-intelligent humans agree there must have been an intelligent Creator.

Actually most intelligent humans agree there is no such thing as an intelligent creator.

<font color="red"> You are the Weakest Link.... Goodbye! </font color>

lorinda
06-06-2003, 04:48 PM
DAE,

I think you are confusing the possibility that online sites are rigged with the likelihood.

It _IS_ possible, however the evidence is more and more conclusive that online poker (And I mean the four major sites in particular, as there is more evidence from those places) is fair.

It is also possible that the Earth is flat, but there is substantial evidence to show that it is spherical.
At some point you have to make a personal judgement based on the evidence you have at hand, and the evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of online poker being fair.

The evidence you present, as unfortunately is always the case when sore losers appear here, is very sketchy.
Show us some data and you will get a much better response.

Lori

DAE
06-06-2003, 04:52 PM
I observe inconsistencies online, but still win. I'm not saying that sites are cheating players, I'm saying that some sites may manipulate the deal to make the game more interesting. As long as I get my fair share of hourly quads, I don't care.

Emperor
06-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Hmmm Let me provide some stats...

1. China 1 Billion plus people beleiving in either Buddha or Christ.
2. India - Hinduism - Vishnu and all those other intelligent creators.

There's a majority in those 2 countries that you can't overcome. This doesn't include a billion or so that fall into the Christian, Jewish, Muslim faiths.

Used to be the scientific community bent over backwards to support Darwinism. Then they realized the fossil evidence COMPLETELY disproves this theory because 99% of fossils should be genetic cross-species mutations, and 0.00001% are. Check out any Scientific Journal covering the subject since 1980 or so.

yct
06-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Dae, these are some truely brilliant observations. Please provide us with more insights. We are all very eager to hear more from you.

Emperor
06-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Actually Planet's Deal was never really "rigged". It just wasn't random enough to not be predictable.

You know this...your smarter than guy who cracked the RNG there.

They immediately fixed it because of the horrible bad press. Thats why sites actually have to have random deals, because if it ever got out they didn't....

Ok I'm a goon... Tom D (Goon Hunter) feel free to ignore my ignorance.

glass
06-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Evolution is a fact. Darwins theory of natural selection is not a fact but is accepted by almost all scientists as the mechanism of evolution.

www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html)

dogsballs
06-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Mike,

I'm going on record as stating that you've got the best sense of humour of anyone on these forums (and not just 'cos you pointed me towards some father Jack pictures).

You should get it out more...!

dogs

dogsballs
06-06-2003, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure which one of us got it wrong here, bananaman, but I think Emperor was pretty funny there...eh, Emperor.

...Emperor..? Emperor..?...

dogsballs
06-06-2003, 11:07 PM
God, I'm almost tempted to sub you in for Mike Haven as funniest guy on this board, emperor.

99% of fossils should be genetic cross-species mutations

hee hee hee, where did you ever get this idea..? hahahahahaha.

Shall I start..?

First, strike the word 'genetic' - totally irrelevant. We're all genetic, every living thing is genetic. Trying to bamboozle folk with big scientific words doesn't add credence.

'cross-species' - christ. Why would they need to be cross-species if they evolved?? No need to - just change your own species...that's what evolution is, baby.

btw, Emperor, has anyone ever checked the 'genetics' of any fossil to check if it's a 'cross-species mutation' or not. How do you tell..?.especially from a fossil?? Pray, answer that one, dear...Or do you want to bring out one of those many scientific articles since 1980 or so - well, journals, you say. Ok, that narrows it down to several hundred I guess. Surely you can find me an example from a reputable scientific journal...

Mike Haven
06-07-2003, 09:01 AM
say hi to mary at pokerscene, everyone!

unfortunately she can't join us in person at the moment as she must still be on mat's blacklist - but if eugeneel is allowed to stay then i am sure mat will have to rethink his banning strategy - it would be great to see mary and eugeneel trading information-filled posts, don't you think? at least mary is here with us in spirit, though, so if you give her a wave at the rail, no doubt she will appreciate it

here's a copy of her e-mail to me:

" 'give Dae a break - i am sure he didn't mean to imply that the sites we talk about have rigged deals or cheats - i'll bet he means the ones at pokerscene and other forums'

WE RECOMMEND only strong sites....we mention other sites, and ask our visitors for input...we offer guidelines to make sure that a site doesn't get away with a player's bankroll and we are the only site i know that has raised the question of whether sites keep player money separate from operating money!

now what did you mean by this comment?

Mary."

(special note to lorinda: the capitals in "WE RECOMMEND" are mary's, NOT mine, so no tellings off at ME. please)

TonySanDiego
06-07-2003, 09:32 AM
All I know is....

at PartyPoker.....

Everytime I get a decent pair ( K K ) or such, I am looking at a possible straight or flush, and some maniac is betting like crazy.... Every time....

and you know what... half the time they don't have squat.

Darn it, I KNOW that deal is rigged... cause the other half of the time they really DO have the straight or flush.

/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
06-07-2003, 09:43 AM
I think you get the award for one of the most uninformed and illogical, poorly thought out reviews of all time. You obviously have no mathematical knowledge of statistics or you wouldn't make so many blatantly wrong statements.

I hope your post was only a joke.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
06-07-2003, 09:50 AM
I think it should be obviousl from the myriad of negative responses to your original post that your credibility is shot to hell. If I were you, I'd go take about six or seven college math classes, read about a dozen books on poker and gambling theory, then change your name and start over again. Few if any of the good posters on this site will give your posts any credence in the future after having read this thread.

That being said, I'm done with this thread, and your posts.

al

Collusive
06-07-2003, 03:25 PM
GET A LIFE!