PDA

View Full Version : Think I've got some leaks...

Ben
06-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Wanted to throw up a few hands for comments.

Loose and fishy .50/1 table @ Party

1) Ah10d in LMP. Two EPs limp, I call, blinds come too.
[ Ks, 7s, 6h ]
Checked to EP#2 who bets. I fold.

2) 5d5h in CO. 4 limp in, I limp, CO and SB call. BB raises and we all call (fold here?)
[ 4d, As, Kc ]
EP bets, EMP calls, MP raises, I fold.

3) 10s10c in EP. I limp, next player raises. 3 call, BB calls, I call. (should I have open-raised?)
[ 8h, 8c, 5h ]
Checked to last player who bets. EP calls, I call. Player after me raises (checkraise) and I fold.

4) JhTs in SB. 4 limpers, I call, BB checks.

[ Jc, 6h, 9h ]

I bet, one folds, three callers, last folds.

[ Jc, 6h, 9h, 6d]

I check, two others check and last player bets. I decide to raise to isolate him (stupid?). Original bettor
and one other call.

[ Jc, 6h, 9h, 6d, As ]

Checked around.

Player I tried to isolate was holding [6s,7s] for trips. (and is quite a fish I'd say)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

gte910h
06-06-2003, 02:43 PM
>2) 5d5h in CO. 4 limp in, I limp, CO and SB call. BB raises >and we all call (fold here?)
>[ 4d, As, Kc ]
>EP bets, EMP calls, MP raises, I fold.

There must be 12 or 14 bets in the pot here. You have 6:1 or 7:1 and many who called the initial bet are going to call the raise. Its a rainbow flop, so you don't have to worry about the flush possibilty, and you're probably going to see LOTS of draws to the ace high straight. The bettor probably doesn't have AK(he'd raised preflop), so you probably won't be reraised here.

p.s. What's CO mean?
Your implied odds are MUCH better than necessary to draw to a 2 outer (your 5's). You should at least take it to the turn, and only fold then if A) Lots of people have dropped and you haven't hit your hand or B) an AKQJ or T hits the turn (%40 chance).

dirty_dan
06-06-2003, 03:03 PM
8 people saw the flop for 2 bets, thats 16SB.

2 calls and a raise on the flop. So he's getting 10:1 on his immediate call, with a potential check-raise from the BB or a reraise from the EP bettor.

He 23 to 1 against turning his set. Assuming there is no reraise, he'd have to be sure he would pick up another 13 big bets when he made his hand, and that it would hold up.

He could already be drawing dead with the BB raising the field preflop.

This hand is an easy fold.

dirty_dan
06-06-2003, 03:14 PM
1) Either raise or fold preflop. The fold on the flop was good.

2) Don't even think about folding to a single raise preflop. Good flop fold.

3) In EP the limp with TT isnt bad. You wouldn't have knocked people out so you'd probably have had to flop a set if overcards came. I would have either bet or checkraised the flop. If the bettor has an 8 he'll raise you and you can fold.

4) I would have bet out on the turn to see where I stand. Since you checked, if you think the LP bettor is trying to steal the pot then the checkraise is ok, but he could easily have a 6. If you bet then he would have raised and you could call it down or fold.
The check on the river was good.

Nottom
06-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Ack ... your implied odds here aren't even close to draw to your 2 outer. If it is one bet to him then sure, go ahead and take another card with the giant pot. Even if the raise gets 4 callers you are only getting around 12-1 on your 23-1 shot so you need to get at least 11 more BB in the pot to make this a good call and I don't see that happening. Easy fold.

tewall
06-06-2003, 03:45 PM
I think dd's comments are good.

Some comments on hand 3. You could think about re-raising pre-flop after you limped and were raised. Then if a high card flops you could bet out. Also if a T flops you're not likely to be put on a T.

I think the fold on this hand was good. You've got a difficult hand to play out of position. Plus since you're in EP, you're not likely to have an 8 and the other players should know that.

gte910h
06-06-2003, 06:18 PM
I got the math wrong on how many people were in the hand and their relative positions. Yeah, you don't have the implied odds. (I'm glad others caught and pointed this out).

GuyOnTilt
06-06-2003, 09:24 PM
I'm going to have to disagree. I would definitely not reraise with TT on this hand with this table. In EP, I think the limp was correct. The table is too loose to make raising profitable, as you want to be shorthanded. Since you aren't going to knock people out by raising, limping and hoping to flop a set or overpair is best. 3-betting is incorrect, as it will encourage long-shot hands and runner-runners to stay in for the turn.

On the flop, you should bet out. Find out where you're at, especially with the PF raiser. Don't be giving free cards to hands like KJ, QJ, AJ, etc. If you're raised by an LP player on the flop, call and check the river. If a blank hits and LP bets out, fold, if he checks it through, bet the river if no overcard hits. Your other option is to check-raise the flop to drive out overcards, but I like betting better.

JTG51
06-07-2003, 12:07 AM
1) I'd fold preflop. I'd think about raising from later position if the limpers were loose and played poorly.

2) Perfectly played. Folding preflop for 1 raise after you limped would be a big, big mistake.

3) You should raise preflop. Once you limped though, you should have bet or check raised the flop. That's a good flop for your hand, you should assume you are ahead until someone makes it clear that you aren't. Given the way you played it to that point, you should have called the check raise on the flop. It looks like you were getting 18-1 or 19-1 odds. The chance that your hand is good, plus the extra bets you'll make if you spike a T on the turn make it a call.

4) I'd just bet the turn, and probably fold to a raise.