PDA

View Full Version : Black Kings/Very red board

otnemem
10-23-2005, 08:38 PM
I stink...

I raise UTG+1 with two black kings. Folds to BB who calls.

Flop: A-x-x, two diamonds

Check, Hero bets, call.

Turn: 7d

Check, check.

River: Jd

BB bets, Hero raises...

10-23-2005, 08:45 PM
bet the turn, bet the river and fold for a rais

10-23-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn, bet the river and fold for a rais

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf does any of this mean

10-23-2005, 09:34 PM
I would bet the turn, and fold to a check raise. If he calls the turn, and the river is another diamond, I would just check through. If the river is not a diamond you need to decide what this player would call you with on the flop and the turn. With no reads at all I would value bet a non diamond river.

lighterjobs
10-23-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: 7d

Check, check.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

W. Deranged
10-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Bet the turn. Probably fold to a turn raise. Consider checking behind the river if you get called on the turn, depending on your read.

Your line here is not good. If you're checking the turn it's to induce a bluff. If you're inducing a bluff, raising makes little sense. How likely are you to get called on the river by a hand you beat? Raising is also not that good for the purpose of getting a better hand to fold, as hands which include an A and no diamond are not that likely to bet this river once the fourth diamond comes. If you think it's worth it to put a bet in on the river, putting it in on the turn is probably better, as you avoid giving weaker hands the chance to make two pair or a bad flush or something for free.

otnemem
10-24-2005, 08:31 AM
He three-bets, I fold. Bleh.

mtdoak
10-24-2005, 09:59 AM
i Bet/fold or bet call that turn depending how lagtastic the villian is. Unless you have an AMAZING read here and you know he will fold something like J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or better, this is pure bleeding.