PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up a tournament

willjohnson
06-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a tournament with a about 12-15 friends and need help figuring out how to structure it. It will be a no-limit holdem tourney and I want to have about a $50 buy-in and then re-buys for $25, but I don't know what amount of chips I should use and how to set up the blinds. I could also just set it up as a $100 freezeout with no re-buys. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

willjohnson
06-06-2003, 05:07 PM
come-on guys and gals...not one person can help me with this?

Sarge85
06-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Ok, so were alot smaller stakes than you, but conceptually it shouldn't matter.

This worked for us. Only thing you'd need to work in is your buy-in strategy. We had some rookies, so alot of this will be very basic information.

We used 5 colors of chips. 5$, 10$, 25$, 100$, 500$

http://webpages.charter.net/mandtanderson/poker.htm

willjohnson
06-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks, that was exactly the type of info I was looking for.

dux
06-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Have you played online? Perhaps you could steal the structures and payouts from an online site, perhaps the PokerStars two table (18 players) No Limit structure.

If you have some rookies you might try what I know they have here in some Australian tournaments, which is two buy ins. Basically if you have T800 starting bank, you give everybody T400 chips, and another T400 which you can request at any time (you would have a button in front of you if you hadn't requested your top up). You can ask for your extra half of chips at any time, and obviously if you are put all-in and lose, you then recieve the other T400 in the previous example.

Just some ideas, I hope your tourney runs well.