PDA

View Full Version : ATo

stillbr
10-23-2005, 06:49 PM
So today is my first day back after screwing up my BR and having to re-build. This is really the only interesting hand from todays session.

Party 2-4

I get ATo in MP3

UTG limps, UTG+2 limps, MP2 limps, I think about raising then limp, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop comes 3sAh3h

SB bets, folded to MP2 who raises, I..?..

SB is a retard. I saw him earlier bet out in early position in a multi-way raised pot on a flop of 333 when he held 9-7. He bet the whole way without pairing. His hands range is from absolutly nothing, all the way to trip 3's.

MP2 seems to be a multi-tabling TAG. His stats look nice.

-----------

I'll post my thoughts later...

Harv72b
10-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Coldcall and raise the turn, folding to a 3-bet.

You're probably better than or at least tied with MP2, and like you said, SB isn't someone to take seriously. However, I'd like to see how MP2 reacts to your coldcall; if he's raising with a medium PP to isolate on SB (possible with only you left to act) I'd like to get another bet out of him on the turn. If he's betting with a worse Ace (AXs) then again, you're better off portraying a flush draw and getting another BB out of him.

An alternative would be to just call down, taking the WA/WB line. But I'm not folding the flop regardless, and I don't like 3-betting as it will only win you a small pot when you're ahead.

stillbr
10-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Well no fair harv... u said pretty much exactly what I was gonna say.

next part.......

So I called the raise from MP2. Then the SB 3bet. MP2 called. Whats my action from here.

I'm sort of supprised no one else has said anything. This hand is accually quite interesting to discuss IMO.

baronzeus
10-24-2005, 12:04 AM
good limp,

the way you played it, you gotta raise the turn...i really really really doubt MP2 limped AJ+ here, and your read on SB is that hes a jerkoff, so i think your hand is good.

10-24-2005, 12:17 AM
There is really nothing else to say. Harv nailed it. As for SB's 3bet, I'd want to recall more specific reads as even retards get dealt trip 3s or limp with AK. Capping flop would look silly and suspicious after the cold call and wouldn't drive out MP. I'd call and hope the dust settles on the turn: MP should tell you if he has Ax or better on this street.

If SB checks or bets and MP doesn't bet or raise then I close the action as cheaply as possible. If SB checks, and MP bets, I'd have to fold or raise-then-fold-if-SB-checkraises. If SB bets, MP raises then I fold without more specific reads.

Are you sure MP knows SB is a retard? That is important. I'd really rather just face MP alone!

10-24-2005, 12:20 AM
I think this is a pretty routine fold. SB will probably play anything, and he probably won't wait until the turn to raise it up. Nice limp preflop.

Redd
10-24-2005, 12:56 AM
So can we fold to a 3-bet from MP2 as well? There's only 1 A3s combo left, and 33 seems unlikely.

ellipse_87
10-24-2005, 01:31 AM
How many would 3-bet the flop? This might (1) get us a free street or (2) simplify the later streets immensely by getting MP to fold his weaker A to SB's cap.

As it was played, I'm calling a turn raise, overcalling a 3-bet in anticipation of a 1-bet river, and folding to a cap. I think MP's calling a turn 3-bet, or SB calling a turn raise, establishes enough cost certainty for us to continue.

detruncate
10-24-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many would 3-bet the flop? This might (1) get us a free street or (2) simplify the later streets immensely by getting MP to fold his weaker A to SB's cap

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't want a free street. When we're behind we're crushed. Usually we're ahead.

I'm wondering how likely MP2 is to have a PP vs an Ace. Do we make up enough equity by pushing out an Ace that has a decent draw to a split to compensate for what we lose when he folds a PP? He can't love us coldcalling, so he might fold anyway.

It might be worth the effort since we can fold to further aggression from MP2 and we don't hate when he calls. I'm thinking I'd prefer to try to push out MP2 on a later street, but I'm slightly concerned that MP2 will decide the same thing (not infrequently with a worse hand). I don't love calling a turn raise with more aggression possible behind us, and I'm concerned enough about one of my opponents having a big hand that I don't think I'm prepared to 3-bet.

Seems a lot simpler to just 3-bet the flop unless we're prepared to take a passive line and see how things develop... which I like unless we think that MP2 will try to make a move on us -- if he's on an Ace he's got to be thinking about the possibility of a split, but hopefully it's only wrt the possibility of it rescuing him sometimes.

stillbr
10-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Well after the SB 3bet and MP called, I just called.

The turn was some meaningless offsuite card.

My plan was to raise if the SB checked, and MP2 bet. If the SB 3-bet it there is no way I was folding unless MP2 capped it.

If the SB bet and MP2 raised then I have no idea what I would have done. That would have been a tough decision.

----------------

As it went SB bet, MP2 called, I called

Another meaningless card came on the river and the betting looked the same.

SB had trip 3's
MP2 had AT