PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands I would like your opinion on

Str8Fish
10-23-2005, 05:51 PM
These are from the cryptologic network, so I couldn't get them converted.

1st hand:
I limp in with QJs from MP1. Button calls, BB checks.
Flop comes J78 rainbow. It's checked to me from the BB and I bet, button calls, BB folds.
Turn is a 2. I bet, button raises, I call.
River is a 7. I bet, button raises, I call.

Am I right to keep betting or should I have taken a hint when I was raised on the turn and just called down? When the turn came down as the 2 I figured he got 2 pair, but when the river paired the board with 7s, I figured he/she may have lost his 2 pair advantage. I unfortunately don't have a read on this guy yet.

2nd hand:
I raise UTG with JsJc. Everyone folds except the BB who calls.
Flop is Qd3h7h. BB checks, I bet, BB calls.
Turn is Ah. BB checks, I check cause I'm not sure if he was on a flush draw and is now slowplaying me or if he hit an Ace or previously a queen.
River is a 3c. BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I call.

Is this a fold after the raise? Am I being too agressive betting on the river? I don't have a read on this guy either.

Thank you all for your VERY helpful advice.

xenthebrain
10-23-2005, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't openlimp with QJs from MP1. I'd rather raise.
If I raised preflop I would probably call the turn c/r and then c/c the river. In the smaller pot you have since you didn't raise preflop I might find a fold on the turn, otherwise call and c/c the river again.

Hand 2 I would rather bet/fold the turn and take a freeshowdown then the other way around.
Also, there aren't that many hands that would call a riverbet with a hand that you have beat.

10-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Hand 1, I'm guessing he either has a lower pocket pair or was on a draw. If he's tight I might fold to the river raise but I'm not sure.

Hand 2, I'd raise the turn. If he stays in, and is somewhat passive, I'd fold to the river raise.

bwana devil
10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
hand 1 - if you think youre behind by the turn but are calling down id check it and call on the river. the bet on the river was too much.

hand 2 - id bet on the turn and fold to a raise. on the river id check and (crying) call.

sean c
10-23-2005, 07:09 PM
In hand #1 raise pre flop i almost never open limp that late unless everyone to your left is very loose.

In hand #2 bet the turn and fold to a check/raise unless your opponent is known to be tricky.