PDA

View Full Version : hands vs. a LAG (multiple hands vs same opponent)

numeri
10-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Preface: The LAG here has raised quite a few hands, so I've decided to 3-bet once I get something reasonable. I know we all hate multi-hand posts, but there's a theme here.

This is Absolute 1/2 6-max.

======================================

Hand 1:
LAG is CO, and FWIW, BB is a 2+2er (I don't know who specifically.)

I have 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the Button.

Preflop: UTG folds, MP calls, LAG raises, I 3-bet, MP calls, Villain caps, we both call.

Flop (13.5 SB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
MP checks, LAG bets, <font color="blue">I freeze like a deer in headlights and decide to call getting 14.5:1 for a set with implied odds, (I need to make up 6 SB, which should be easy.)</font> MP calls.

Turn (8.25 BB): A/images/graemlins/club.gif
MP checks, LAG bets, I fold.

So just fold on the flop, right? Other thoughts?

Hand 2:
(immediately following - LAG is MP and SB is 2+2er)

I'm CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: UTG folds, LAG raises, <font color="blue">I fold because I'm too scared to try to go heads-up with the LAG. 55 is too low, yes?</font>

Hand 3:
LAG is SB, Button is 45/6 and passive post-flop. Really bad.

I'm in BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop: Folded to button who limps, LAG raises, <font color="blue">I 3-bet (?!)</font>, Button calls, LAG calls.

Flop (11.5 SB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
LAG checks, I check (?), Button checks.

Turn (5.75 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
LAG checks, <font color="blue">I bet - this seems like a pretty stupid play</font>, Button calls, LAG calls.

River (8.75 BB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check/fold.

Hand 4:
LAG is MP, SB is 2+2er, everybody else is loose and passive.

I'm in CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop: UTG calls, LAG raises, I 3-bet, Button calls 3 cold, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, LAG caps, we all call.

Flop (20.5 BB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, LAG bets, <font color="blue">I raise (?!)</font>, BB calls 2, UTG folds, Villain calls.

Turn (13.25 BB): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to me, <font color="blue">I spew and don't take my free card</font>, both call.

River (16.25 BB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB cecks, LAG checks, I bet, BB check/raises 0.25BB and is all-in, LAG folds, I call of course.

I think these all have aspects that are good and aspects where I show how some real lack of judgement. I recently made a stab at 2/4 and found myself pushed around by the real aggressive play there. Any thoughts or advice on these hands would be great.

deepsquat
10-24-2005, 12:31 AM
sup bro?

Hand1:

pf is standard vs a LAG.

Flop- This all depends on how LAGGY he is? If he a maniac id raise the flop to get rid of MP's overcards and get it HU with whatever crap LAG has.

Assuming he has a brain i prob just fold the flop. You arent really getting quite the right odds to hit your set plus the 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif could be a bad card for you + MP may raise behinnd you which would suck.

It also depends on what MP is like also.

Hand2: Once again, how LAGGY? Are we talking 85/45? or 50/25? If its the former i 3bet, if its the latter i fold.

Hand3: Pf=goot

I may or may not bet this flop, im not sure if its a big mistake either way.

Turn- I check/call. No way these guys are folding to the 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and i dont think its a value bet. We are seeing this river, so lets get there as cheap as possible.

River= fold.

Hand4- pf, standard.

Flop- Im just calling here, you are have no draws and Ace high and a raise will still be giving Gutshots easy odds to call. I call and hope to see the turn for 1 sb.

Turn- No point betting.

River- standard.