PDA

View Full Version : 88: Dumb and Dumber

donger
10-23-2005, 04:30 PM
BB is 35/22/2.8 and generally bad/overaggro in the wrong spots
UTG is 72/30/1.7 and pretty spastic postflop, will occasionally make hopeless bluffs

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.fourthnut.com/cgi-bin/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

w_alloy
10-23-2005, 05:09 PM
I assume you didn't raise preflop because you want BB in the hand, and you don't like playing these oop? I think I still raise.

The flop and river are interesting. I didn't at first, but after further review, I like how you played them. I think they are very close though, and theres a few different lines you could take that wouldnt lose much, if any ev.

admiralfluff
10-23-2005, 05:20 PM
I raise preflop. The flop is good, the river is a little tricky. Against a crazy spas, I think he bets this river a lot when checked to, probably with a lot of hands he would fold if bet into.

donger
10-23-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you didn't raise preflop because you want BB in the hand, and you don't like playing these oop? I think I still raise.

The flop and river are interesting. I didn't at first, but after further review, I like how you played them. I think they are very close though, and theres a few different lines you could take that wouldnt lose much, if any ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

99 is usually my cutoff for raising pairs OOP vs multiple limpers. Maybe i'm playing them too softly?

admiralfluff
10-23-2005, 05:31 PM
With a 70/30 limping in, standards change. You are up against an almost gauranteed trash hand, (except for the times he's "slowplaying" his AA) and BB has some chance of folding. I don't think your read on the MP overlimper matters much in this situation.

brazilio
10-23-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

99 is usually my cutoff for raising pairs OOP vs multiple limpers. Maybe i'm playing them too softly?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's marginal either way in position, and here you don't have it and likely BB is going to call a raise. I just complete.

donger
10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise preflop. The flop is good, the river is a little tricky. Against a crazy spas, I think he bets this river a lot when checked to, probably with a lot of hands he would fold if bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought there was a lot more value in checking than betting.