PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 QQ hand

fuzzbox
10-23-2005, 03:46 PM
6-max 5/10
I've only recently sat down, but the two protagonists played a pot that I witnessed where villain called an all-in for 600 into a 1k pot with A4o on a AQ973 board, he check-called a push. I dont know how the pot got to 1k in the first place. The other protagonist was the one who made the big bluff in the above hand.

Hero is in the blinds with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Stacks effectively 1k.

Preflop
villain limps utg, folded to bluffer who makes it 45 to play, I smooth call, villain now raises to 140, bluffer folds, I call. (ok so far or does anybody fold ?)

Flop (330 or so)
7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, villain pushes for 850 ... and hero ?

stealyourface
10-23-2005, 03:58 PM
tough spot, but i'm leaning towards fold. Villain limp reraises UTG which is most likely a large PP (although not always) and gets smooth called by you. It is pretty easy for him to put you on a big PP as well, and he pushes a garbage flop knowing you will most likely have to call.

I fold here, but i'm a pussy. hell flip a coin.

BobboFitos
10-23-2005, 05:39 PM
why are you looking to fold QQ in a shorthanded setting vs two (what seems to be) riled up / tilty / bad players for just 1 buyin? Sure, sometimes these types pick up AA or KK, but this seems like as good of a spot as ever to "gamble."

... So I call.

ahnuld
10-23-2005, 07:07 PM
I call and expect to see AK JJ-99 over 50% of the time, making this a call.

10-23-2005, 07:50 PM
In my opinion there is not enough money in the pot to warrent this call.

Big_Jim
10-23-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion there is not enough money in the pot to warrent this call.

[/ QUOTE ]
This alone cannot be your reason to fold.

VanVeen
10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Why is everyone on every fn forum intentionally obtuse when they have an opportunity to cut someone up?

"GIVEN THE HAND RANGE I ASSIGN VILLAIN, YOUR EQUITY IS TOO LOW TO JUSTIFY A CALL W/THESE POT ODDS"

You knew that is what he *could* have meant, so why post this!?

OP: CALL. Not close. I bet you can figure out why by reading above! (given player and game description, his preflop lrr range is fairly wide; he won't be holding AA/KK even half the time, and his flop action w/AA and KK will almost never be... blah blah)

Big_Jim
10-23-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone on every fn forum intentionally obtuse when they have an opportunity to cut someone up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll show you obtuse.

fuzzbox
10-24-2005, 02:56 AM
Hero called.
I thought that the true strength of my hand was well hidden, I thought that villain could have a whole lot more than AA/KK and I thought that villain expected me to fold, so calling would disappoint him.

He tabled AJo, and didnt suck out.

10-25-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"GIVEN THE HAND RANGE I ASSIGN VILLAIN, YOUR EQUITY IS TOO LOW TO JUSTIFY A CALL W/THESE POT ODDS"

You knew that is what he *could* have meant, so why post this!?

OP: CALL. Not close. I bet you can figure out why by reading above! (given player and game description, his preflop lrr range is fairly wide; he won't be holding AA/KK even half the time, and his flop action w/AA and KK will almost never be... blah blah)

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been better if he had written "Do you see why?" after his response.