PDA

View Full Version : ATo

BottlesOf
10-23-2005, 03:22 PM
2 ATo here.

Hand 1: Villain is unknown

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Hand 2: here, what is your plan on the turn/river? Consider all scenarios. Opponent is decent, a little too tight preflop.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

jfresh
10-23-2005, 03:33 PM
hand 1 i think i play the same; i want to get to showdown now, and there aren't that many cards on the river that will hurt you. and it sucks getting raised on the turn if you bet...

hand 2, bet/fold i think? in the heat of the moment i might check/call down, but i don't think there are too many hands "a little too tight" player raises the turn on, that you beat...

Danenania
10-23-2005, 03:35 PM
I normally just keep betting in both of these but perhaps I haven't considered it enough. My rationale is that plenty of worse hands will be calling in either case. Checking seems to let your opponent off the hook when he has something marginal as he'll usually just check behind and call a river bet. I also think in Hand 1 that you will be getting semibluff raised or raised by a worse pair of T's quite frequently, further adding to the value of a bet.

All that said I think I'd bet the turn and call down a raise in Hand 1, bet/fold the turn and river in Hand 2.

NLSoldier
10-23-2005, 04:01 PM
The only way I check the turn in hand 1 is if Im check raising.

joker122
10-23-2005, 04:02 PM
there's many ways to play #1 and i think they all have merit: 1. bet the turn and river 2. check/call the turn, donk the river 3. or check call both like you did. considering that river, i probably opt for 3, as you did.

#2:
since you say he's tight preflop we can only put him on 22-88 here after that cold call right? something like AJ certainly raises the flop. so if it's a PP alot of the time i'm betting the turn simply because i don't want him to get a free look at the river if he has a spade. if it gets to the river, i don't think he's putting in another bet so it doesn't really matter what you do.

BottlesOf
10-23-2005, 04:59 PM
In hand 1 he had A8 and MHIG. I felt like he would bluff at it (or otherwise fold). I'd say I frequently bet these turns though.

In hand 2, I bet and he folded.

Lmn55d
10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
I use the check/call, check/call line a ton at 10/20. That said, I think hand #1 should definitely be a bet. You don't want to give a free card to a straight draw or an Ax hand that would call but not bet. The main reason why I think it's a bet was mentioned already by Danemania. You will be bluff/semibluff raised there fairly frequently and I think it's an easy calldown. I save the check/call , check/call line for situations where a raise will put me to a very tough decision.

I actually think hand 2 is a better spot for the check/call , check/call than hand 1 is. If your opponent is passive bet/fold the turn. If he's aggro and will bet if checked to, I think check/call, check/call is ok.

Subfallen
10-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Hand #1...IMO those who want to bet the turn are overstating the danger of an average 10/20'er checking behind with any hand that would have called a bet.

We're inducing A LOT of bluffs/bets from worse hands here. It's a good line to take.

Now the river...man, in a perfect world I think the river should be bet/fold. But how I would want to check/call. /images/graemlins/frown.gif (The reason I like bet/fold is that on this river the marginally showdown-able hands like 22-66, A-high are pretty likely to take their free showdown. Didn't happen in this hand, but I think that's a significant danger.)

dave44
10-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I agree with Lmn55d about hand 1- I don't like giving gutshots a free card here which is a decent possibility. I agree with people that it will often get bet anyway, but I think it'll get raised by worse hands when you bet a decent amount too- enough to make betting and calling down a raiser better.