10-23-2005, 03:20 PM
FT $22, 4 left

Blinds 80/160
sb (t1600)
bb (t540)
UTG (t9060)
Hero (Button) (t2300)

UTG raises to 560, Hero...? Why?

UTG is pretty solid and has been putting pressure on us on the bubble, but has not been outrageously aggressive, as I often would be in his position.

What do you do here? Fold? Call? Push? Why? Does your reasoning change if your goal is to get more firsts? Is it good for your overall ROI, but worse for your ITM, to go for first? I don't know, I just felt really uncomfortable with folding, calling, or pushing here and hoped for some input. Is pushing this hand even a good move if playing for first and is playing for first, with more bubble busts good for your bankroll? Confused.

BTW, I would guess the middle path would have been to just call and see what developed, but I'll give you a hint and say that this was not my line. Thanks for any replies.

niquewon
10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Fold immediately.

pooh74
10-23-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FT $22, 4 left

Blinds 80/160
sb (t1600)
bb (t540)
UTG (t9060)
Hero (Button) (t2300)

UTG raises to 560, Hero...? Why?

UTG is pretty solid and has been putting pressure on us on the bubble, but has not been outrageously aggressive, as I often would be in his position.

What do you do here? Fold? Call? Push? Why? Does your reasoning change if your goal is to get more firsts? Is it good for your overall ROI, but worse for your ITM, to go for first? I don't know, I just felt really uncomfortable with folding, calling, or pushing here and hoped for some input. Is pushing this hand even a good move if playing for first and is playing for first, with more bubble busts good for your bankroll? Confused.

BTW, I would guess the middle path would have been to just call and see what developed, but I'll give you a hint and say that this was not my line. Thanks for any replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill tell you what I would do...but its -EV. I'd just call.

I like blowing chips to take them away from shortie...and if shortie calls, ill see what villain does and check down if possible. If shortie folds, Ill go broke on an Q high or A flop if I have to. Otherwise fold to a bet on flop or check behind.

Just note that this is probably horrible advice and probably somewhat of a leak in my game...but note I'm also calling in collusion to weaken shortie because I cant really open up MY game game until the bubble bursts and I dont feel my "extra" chips are really helping me here AT ALL.

flame away

tigerite
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
No, it's not horrible advice, I'd probably do the same.

10-23-2005, 07:18 PM
I would say fold. Dont take the chance. UTG is obviously raising to try and take advantage of the 540 stack, aka his raise to 560.

Look for a better situation.

But thats just me.