PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up Early On Weekends?

clambunny
10-23-2005, 02:45 PM
After a night of drinking getting to bed from 2AM - 5AM (is that about right for you guys)? BTW this is a side point but people around here at UMass college have a weird perception of drinking time. At 10 PM the night is just getting started, we haven't done anything yet but "it's still early." At 11 PM or midnight it's generally time to get going. Then at 2AM it's bedtime. Not always but this is how some people talk about drinking time which is really girly. In HS I didn't drink but hanging out time was from about 5 PM to 6 AM often times.

Okay back to the main point, it's the weekend and you stayed up late so it feels so good to wake up at noon then drift back to sleep, then wake up at 12:30 and drift back to sleep and do this until maybe 3 PM. But it kind of ruins your schedule for the weekday (sunday night you then go to sleep at 4 AM and only get 4 or 5 hours of sleep) and it kind of feels bad waking up late on a weekend, darkness coming so soon in the day. And if you have work you can't get so much of it done because you wake up late.

How do you guys balance sleeping in and waking up early on the weekends?

TheBlueMonster
10-23-2005, 02:54 PM
sleep in on saturday and try to play basketball or some sort of physical activity. Wake up by a specific time on Sunday no matter when I go to bed. That way if I dont enough sleep I'll be tired enough to go to bed at a decent time.

mason55
10-23-2005, 02:57 PM
I was thinking about this as I drifted back to sleep at 2pm today. Been up till 6am both night this weekend.

I wish I had an answer.

Edit: When I was in school, parties never got started until 12am or so. No would be in the bars before midnight. However our nights usually went till 6 am or later. I don't know how people start drinking at 12am and go to bed at midnight.