PDA

View Full Version : Final decision on colouououours?

DcifrThs
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
so is it that colors are now reserved for people whose names we want to stick out for filtering or watching?

i.e. HostAndrew and the like?

thanks
Barron

MrWookie47
10-23-2005, 02:34 PM
I think we're reserving black, anyway. Pink, yellow, and white are out. Small scale (1-2 people), temporary colorings as part of some fun gimmick shouldn't be an issue. Mass colorings will bring about wrath of GoT and [censored].

Lloyd
10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
We had about 80% of resondents in an MTT pole say that they liked the idea of highliting certain posters who consistently make good, insightful threads. Part of my desire to do this is that I've been PMd on many occasions about the amazing amount of "noise" in MTT and if there was anything we can do about it. I'm not concerned that only those who are in a special color will have their posts read. In fact, most of those who would be in a color routinely respond to other interesting posts which in turn generates additional discussion.

So I'm going to try it on a trial basis and see how it works. I'm only going to use one color, either blue or brown depending upon which looks the best.

BottlesOf
10-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I would say blue even if we had the whole palate. It looks good. Brown is too close to the Normal.

nolanfan34
10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pink, yellow, and white are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This means I can't change NLSoldier's to pink anymore?? Damn.

DcifrThs
10-24-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pink, yellow, and white are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This means I can't change NLSoldier's to pink anymore?? Damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe 1 more time??

Barron

Greg J
10-24-2005, 12:57 PM
While I respect each mod to make decisions best for his/her (Felicia) own forum, I kind of agree with the view that making good posters a special color will just lead to unecessary resentment/player hatian. Still, I'm certainly not opposed to this trial, but I would like to propose an alternative: a poster peer evaluation system. Other message boards have them, and this could be really helpful to newer posters, or even people who start frequenting new boards. Taking the zoo as an example: we know the difference between Microbob (respected poster) and MrMcVicker (complete asstard), but a new poster does not.

I'm in no way privy to whether this is technically possible/practical though, but I'm just throwing the idea out there.