PDA

View Full Version : Open ended straight draw with three cards to the flush on board.

10-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Hand checked to turn bringing three diamonds but giving me an open ended straight draw. I called, and ended up hitting my draw and my opponent had no diamonds but was this a good long term decision?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.07.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (4.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 4.70 BB

10-23-2005, 01:10 PM
A) Wrong forum.

B) Horrible call. You don't have the odds, plus there's three to a flush and and the board is paired. Chasing a straight here is very stupid.

10-23-2005, 01:13 PM
I suggest you pick up a beginner's book on basic theory and start reading and posting in the micro-limit forum.