PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Micro Limit .50/1.00...Online..The Bull was...

SittingBull
06-06-2003, 05:28 AM
heads-up against a LP pre-flop raiser with 2 red paints KJo
in EP in somewhat loose passive game. However,this particular time everyone folded except the pre-flop raiser.
FLOP: Xc K Xc
The Bull bet out and was called( My opponent hesitated for awhile--Any tell on the hesitation??) .
TURN: Xc K Xc Xc
Again the Bull bet out and was RAISED /forums/images/icons/confused.gif . Hmmm
Now what? How would u proceed if U were the Bull?
Just wondering
SittingBull

orbie
06-06-2003, 06:45 AM
Bull -

I think the Xc is unknown club. If so I would surrender my hand. It looks as if you were up against a high card club draw.

As far as a "pause tell", I've seen you playing at the same site I have been lately. I know a pause can be caused by a persons connection slowing down. I've had it happen to me holding KQs in a tournament. Then thre is factoring in home distraction or intentionaly pausing to give the illusion that it is a though call.

This is JMHO , One of the more experinced guys will probably be of more help.
I can say I've sat with you online and fell you have a good table imagae ( if thier is such a thing online ). And would love any feedback you have on my play.

Thanks ORBIE_1

rigoletto
06-06-2003, 10:02 AM
When a passive microlimit player raises the turn it usually spells M-A-D-E H-A-N-D. In this case AA, KK or the flush possibly AK with the A of clubs! Anyway, top pair is no good here most of the time and you don't really have any draws worth mentioning = muck it!

lefty rosen
06-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Thats all the Rosen has to say about that............

pufferfish
06-06-2003, 05:47 PM
I don’t think I’m gonna fold here when it’s heads-up against a PFR in LP.

Does he like to raise from LP with Suited Aces or connectors? Does he like to bluff when the board pairs or a third flush card comes? I’d be checking my notes on this guy about now.

OTOH, I’m probably a little worried that he may have caught a set or second pair or has me out-kicked. I’m more worried about this than the flush actually. Unless I know my opponent well enough to respect that raise I do believe I’ll call it down.

About the hesitation as a tell. That came up in one of my posts the other day and I think most people discount its usefulness. Every once in a while I find that tell to be helpful (and accurate).

TC,
pf

SittingBull
06-06-2003, 08:32 PM
been kicking my ass lately1 LOL! Nice to hear from U.
Please do not be offended if i do not "chat" Online. There are two reasons Y:
I do not understand how to operate the "chat" button and I do not want to engage in any "chat" while i'm concentrating on my game.
But it certainly is nice to hear from u on this site.
IMO,u are a good player.
BTW,I did surrender my hand.
HappyPokering /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
SittingBull

SittingBull
06-06-2003, 08:35 PM

SittingBull
06-06-2003, 08:38 PM

SittingBull
06-06-2003, 09:18 PM
call the raise on the turn because i put my opponent on a semi-bluff 4-flush. i didn't think he had the flush already.
But i did surrender on the river when another club came out and he bet out.
HappyPokering, /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
SittingBull

SittingBull
06-06-2003, 09:46 PM
When another club appeared on board and my Oppo. bet out,I folded without hesitating.
Thought Processes involved****
(1) Oppo. put the Bull on K's
(2) After Oppo. called with Xc Xc K on flop,Oppo. thought that I thought he had either a backdoor flush or a 4-flush
(3)Oppo. knew the Bull thought he had precisely the above.

Hence,my Oppo. enhanced the credibility of his possible future play(s) precisely because he knew what the Bull thought.
The clincher came when the 4th club hit .
In a nutshell,he outplayed the Bull.
He took it down on a pure bluff when he showed 2 red cards.
******A-high
In his book,"The Theory Of Poker",David Sklansky talks about several levels of thought processes that go through a good player's mind. My Oppo. and I were thinking on the 3rd level. David states that plays like my Oppo. did can only be successful against good players. Trying this move against weak players would generally be futile.The play would most likely not work.
I certainly admired my esteemed Oppo.'s thinking process during this hand.
Since I was not capable of thinking on a 4th level ,namely,that my Oppo.'s move was a sophisticated ploy because I knew that he knew that I was capable of laying down the best hand under this condition.
HappyPokering, /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
SittingBull

pufferfish
06-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Hello SittingBull

Against an unknown I like the turn call. I also like the river fold. Bless him if you weren’t beat.

TC,
pf

orbie
06-06-2003, 10:53 PM
no problem with the chat. It's fairly difficult at that site anyway. I have problems focusing on online play,
with the distractions at home. At a table game I can be very observant.
See you online. Try and leave a few live ones for me.

JTG51
06-07-2003, 12:24 AM
Yuck, stop limping from EP with KJo. Throw that junk away from that position.

I wouldn't read anything into his hesitation on the flop. Any number of things that have nothing to do with poker could cause that.

SittingBull
06-07-2003, 03:43 AM

JTG51
06-07-2003, 12:30 PM
HPFAP says that the game conditions have to be absolutely perfect for for KJo to be playable from EP. Game conditions are rarely absolutely perfect, so I usually err on the side of being just a little tighter than S&M recommend from EP. That means throwing away the extremely marginal hands, like KJo.

On the other hand, I'd be thrilled to play it in this kind of game from LP.