PDA

View Full Version : $11 PS - Should I have pushed against this PF raise?

10-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Villain was running low on chips and frequently raising (usually all in) to try to take the blinds. I originally thought to put Villain all in with a re-raise, but decided not to since doing so would have committed half of my chips.

At that level he was VP$IP - 22.5% and PFR - 22.5% (always in for a raise).

Should I have pushed pf or done something else?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2920)
Button (t1290)
SB (t6400)
Hero (t2890)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t400.

Flop: (t1300) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t690 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1990

10-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I'd push PF, he's already commiting half his chips with the raise, there really isn't a flop where he won't raise all-in, he could have a legit hand but blinds hit him for 300 in the next two hands putting him down 990 if he folds, he may just want to pick up the blinds to get a free round. If you decide to play the hand you should put him all in preflop.

Sidekick
10-23-2005, 01:46 PM
With the aggression that villain has shown, and my stack vs. his stack and the blinds as high as they are? I would push this PF every time.

With half his chips in the middle if you don't bet the flop he's going to be all-in every time even if he has 32o.

Even if he has a real hand you are still in good or possibly even great shape (especially if he's got something like ATo) when you push back at him. This late in the tournament there isn't much that he's going to have where you are in real trouble preflop.

If he's just trying to steal the blinds with rags and you come over the top, then most times he will fold or you go into the flop with a huge lead.

In this situation I'm willing to make a stand with AQo preflop against a known highly aggressive player for all his chips.

*** Edit ***
The only exception would be if villain has pushed EVERY time, but now only comes in for half his stack. Then I'd fold.

10-23-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The only exception would be if villain has pushed EVERY time, but now only comes in for half his stack. Then I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I didn't mention that, but he was going all in all of the time except this. That was a minor factor in my decisions and I should have mentioned it here.

pokerlaw
10-23-2005, 02:58 PM
i push preflop OR I call the flop, you cant fold here though IMO.

Uppercut
10-23-2005, 03:50 PM
You are out of position after the flop with a hand that wants to see all five board cards. Push this hand every time.