PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 vs AlexLucas123

ALL1N
10-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Everyone knows this character. He's the guy who plays for a zillion hours a day (or so it seems) with LAG preflop stats (40/20 filtered 4-6) but who crawls into a shell postflop. He handreads remarkably well, but very very rarely bluffs.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AlexLucas123 caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, AlexLucas123 calls, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AlexLucas123 raises</font>

What do you do here with
-AK?
-JJ?

ggbman
10-23-2005, 10:04 AM
3 bet with JJ and check call the river if he caps. AK i puke a little bit, then call down.

nichtgut
10-23-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
filtered 4-6

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW DO YOU DO THAT? I've been trying to figure it out for a long time. I can't find it under Preferences.

If you've been 3-betting his raises a lot he'd raise the turn here just out of frustration with a worse hand like QQ.
So I'd 3-bet both hands and probably fold the AK for a cap and call down with the JJ.

/NG

glen
10-23-2005, 12:38 PM
"HOW DO YOU DO THAT? I've been trying to figure it out for a long time. I can't find it under Preferences."

it's in the top-right corner of position stats. . .

James282
10-23-2005, 12:49 PM
What do you do with JJ? Seriously?
-James

nichtgut
10-23-2005, 05:35 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Glen!

1800GAMBLER
10-23-2005, 06:00 PM
fold.

ALL1N
10-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Dunno if you're being sarcastic or dismissive or serious. But yes, it was a serious question. If you've played much with AlexLucas you will know what I mean.

NLSoldier
10-23-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dunno if you're being sarcastic or dismissive or serious. But yes, it was a serious question. If you've played much with AlexLucas you will know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i must have been giving alexlucas way too much action because I didnt have this super passive postflop read on him.

ALL1N
10-24-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything more to say?

1800GAMBLER
10-24-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything more to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really adjusting my comments for this being against Alex, but you are either calling two bets to split for 6bbs or calling two bets to lose. So it's just math. KK AA are by far his most likely hands, as AK is unlikely to do this line. So fold AK.

JJ gets raised because of the presents of AA.

In short, you are against AA KK, so play whatever hand accordingly.

sthief09
10-24-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything more to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really adjusting my comments for this being against Alex, but you are either calling two bets to split for 6bbs or calling two bets to lose. So it's just math. KK AA are by far his most likely hands, as AK is unlikely to do this line. So fold AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be pretty shocked to see him slowplay AA like that on a two-tone 2-broadway board.

1800GAMBLER
10-24-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything more to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be pretty shocked to see him slowplay AA like that on a two-tone 2-broadway board.

[/ QUOTE ]

as said, i don't have an history vs him. So you just call JJ here?

sthief09
10-24-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything more to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 5k hands on him in a database where I only import 4-6 handed and I have him as 38/19/1.16(.98/1.17/1.72 by street) with a 34 went to showdown. the OP confidently says he doesn't bluff.

is it even possible for this guy to have anything other than KK?

sthief09
10-25-2005, 03:42 PM

1800GAMBLER
10-25-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything more to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 5k hands on him in a database where I only import 4-6 handed and I have him as 38/19/1.16(.98/1.17/1.72 by street) with a 34 went to showdown. the OP confidently says he doesn't bluff.

is it even possible for this guy to have anything other than KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you would be so surprised at him slowplaying AA here? AK yes, i would.