PDA

View Full Version : OT: PP Foul Language

zambonidrivr
10-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Careful all. I got booted for bad language on PP. 7 days!

pokerdirty
10-23-2005, 11:50 AM
this is censorship. you should sue.

10-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Whoa, I never knew PP actually cared about that stuff. I've heard numerous people complain to Party about collusion and illegal table talk with no response. Just don't say any naughty words...

wmspringer
10-23-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On what grounds?

Private parties, even those subject to US law, can censor as much as they like.

citanul
10-23-2005, 12:47 PM
you got banned from playing or from chat?

rbear
10-23-2005, 01:19 PM
btw, i got my chat revoked for 7 days for using foul language, and when threatening a supervisor to take my business elsewhere, i was informed that pp isn't in business to profit, but to provide a "family friendly" atmosphere... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

stupidsucker
10-23-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, i got my chat revoked for 7 days for using foul language, and when threatening a supervisor to take my business elsewhere, i was informed that pp isn't in business to profit, but to provide a "family friendly" atmosphere... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed

pokerdirty
10-23-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On what grounds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

Annulus
10-23-2005, 01:35 PM
what did you say?

10-23-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On what grounds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

[/ QUOTE ]It's amazing to me how many US citizens think "freedom of speech" ought to or does extend to virtually every situation. I missed the sarcasm, too; I just assumed you were stupid. Glad you've clarified!

Insty
10-23-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing to me how many US citizens think "freedom of speech" ought to or does extend to virtually every situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a US citizen, but I think "freedom of speech" ought to extend to every situation.

Why doesn't party have client side adjustable filters? So I can see all the swearing I want, and those who don't can tick the 'don't show naughty words' option.

stupidsucker
10-23-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't party have client side adjustable filters? So I can see all the swearing I want, and those who don't can tick the 'don't show naughty words' option.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds easy enough... but I am sure they have 1897945 other things on the list of upgrades before this gets much attention.

Perhaps they feel that if someone gets called a [censored] moron phish mother [censored] [censored] luckbox [censored] , they might get their feelings hurt and take money elsewhere. Yes people are stupid enough to turn their filter OFF and still get their feelings hurt when they get what they asked for.

rbear
10-23-2005, 02:17 PM
people who are offended go elsewhere, censored people find creative ways around it ((( and get their chat suspended )))

FieryJustice
10-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I have only had my chat banned once about a year ago and I say some pretty sick stuff quite often. In order to get banned, you have to be throwing racist slurs and cuss words left and right. You are probably going to hell...just like me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pooh74
10-23-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think?

zambonidrivr
10-23-2005, 02:56 PM
yeah i got reported by someone named bad_egg, for telling one of the females at the table what i wanted to do with her.

fyi.... i won the $33, and took $150

citanul
10-23-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he just got his chat revoked, i don't see why he is either surprised or thinks that anyone cares.

c

rbear
10-23-2005, 03:47 PM
no, you just have to have someone run and tell pp customer support... that's it

Annulus
10-23-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i got reported by someone named bad_egg, for telling one of the females at the table what i wanted to do with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad_egg is a poster here. me and him have played a few times toghether. hes a decent enough player, but him reporting you is pretty wack in my opinion.

kyro
10-23-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God!

TheNoodleMan
10-23-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds easy enough... but I am sure they have 1897945 million dollars to roll around in before this gets much attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

pooh74
10-23-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he just got his chat revoked, i don't see why he is either surprised or thinks that anyone cares.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt imagine PP banning someone from "playing" for language when they wont even do that for collusion.

but, yeah, I see your point.

10-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Over the past two days, I have reported two players for breaking the rules. Both players lost their chat ability. Both players were multi-tablers... Both players were likely 2+2

I don't report players for foul language. The exact reason for reporting these players are as follows:

Player "pizzystrizzy"--- I busted him out on a previous table, on the table I reported him on, he kept telling the BB to call my all-ins... unacceptable, and a clear violation of the rules.

Player "nice_lay"--- i bet on the river, he types in "i have an eight" then folds, with players still left to act in the hand.... potentially killing my action.

There are only a few things that I report, and foul language is not one of them:

1)collusion and discussing your hand/action during play
2)using pokerprophecy to berate the skill of another player at the table
3)the RIDICULOUS amount of beratement of a fish... this is not something i report often, but if the offender is a good player, the victim is a poor player, AND the amount of insulting comments is way over the line, i report it.

If any player does any of these things at one of my tables-- I report them. It's in my interest to preserve the integrity of the games at PartyPoker, and I sacrifice some of my time to do it.

If you are "nice_lay" or "pizzystrizzy", I would be interested in how you might defend your actions.

***edit--- I also report racial slurs.

bawcerelli
10-24-2005, 03:41 AM
i got a warning from stars that my chat would be revoked after i said my pattern mapper was working good!

SCfuji
10-24-2005, 04:00 AM
oh no somebody call the president

tigerite
10-24-2005, 07:11 AM
I turn chat off. Completely. It goes along with the side bet and blackjack in the full script I have. I don't care what people do or don't say, I just play my own game and rely on reads from their stats and previous actions, and don't get distracted by bad beats, or whatever. Sure, it pisses me off when I lose to a worse hand, but I'm happy for them to keep doing it, they'll pay me off in the long run.

zambonidrivr
10-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Sorry bud. Can you post the hand history? I believe we were heads up in the pot at this point. I would never do anything like this intentially. In fact, It also would have a negative effect on myself as I'd prefer to get to the bubble as quick as possible. Again, if I am incorrect in this matter, I apologize.

JK

10-24-2005, 09:02 AM
If your name is "nicelay"--- then this is the hand which I reported to Party Poker... I can't find the hand history-- it's already been processed by PokerTracker... but if you request this Game #, you should be able to see it:

Game 2918874284

The only thing I reported to PartyPoker was that Game #

It's only a 7 day suspension.

zambonidrivr
10-24-2005, 09:12 AM
yeah thats me. i am not overly worried about it.
i have to admit, i'm usually over vocal, but thats just the passion coming through. just checked the hand history, you're right on this one. i couldn't remember as you and i were on 3 tables together at the time.

NH

10-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Actually, I was wrong--- I do have the hand history... Also-- I asked if you understood why what you typed was wrong, and didn't receive a response... I asked again, and you said that you didn't understand... If you had replied that you understood, I wouldn't have bothered reporting the hand.

I disappointed that Party didn't explain the reason why your chat was suspended though.

***** Hand History for Game 2918874284 *****
30/60 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 16810212) - Sun Oct 23 08:31:31 EDT 2005
Table Table 66794 (Real Money) -- Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: BV_Winemaker (1595)
Seat 2: Hizzywizzy (785)
Seat 3: Mad4Ker (1140)
Seat 4: Mike_dawg_89 (290)
Seat 5: bad_egg (745)
Seat 6: nicelay (715)
Seat 7: JAM9010 (815)
Seat 9: bbqman02 (1335)
Seat 10: foundahbody (580)
bad_egg posts small blind (15)
nicelay posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to bad_egg [ Ks, 4s ]
JAM9010 folds.
bbqman02 folds.
foundahbody folds.
BV_Winemaker calls (30)
Hizzywizzy folds.
Mad4Ker folds.
Mike_dawg_89 folds.
bad_egg calls (15)
nicelay checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6s, Kc, Kh ]
bad_egg checks.
nicelay checks.
BV_Winemaker checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8d ]
bad_egg checks.
nicelay checks.
BV_Winemaker checks.
** Dealing River ** : [ 7d ]
bad_egg bets (90)
nicelay: i have an 8
nicelay folds.
BV_Winemaker folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: 180
Board: [ 6s Kc Kh 8d 7d ]
BV_Winemaker balance 1565, lost 30 (folded)
Hizzywizzy balance 785, didn't bet (folded)
Mad4Ker balance 1140, didn't bet (folded)
Mike_dawg_89 balance 290, didn't bet (folded)
bad_egg balance 805, bet 120, collected 180, net +60
nicelay balance 685, lost 30 (folded)
JAM9010 balance 815, didn't bet (folded)
bbqman02 balance 1335, didn't bet (folded)
foundahbody balance 580, didn't bet (folded)

bad_egg: nicelay--- when you said "i have an eight" there was still a person to left to act... you can't do that kind of stuff
bad_egg: nicelay--- do you understand?
--many hands later---
nicelay: bad, your gonna win tha other table
bad_egg: nicelay--- do you understand what i was saying about not discussing your hand with other people to act?
nicelay: ?? sorry, 340572038 tabling
bad_egg: scroll up then
nicelay: not following you there tonto
bad_egg: nevermind then--- i'll have party explain it to you

also--- you didn't win this tournament... you finished 7th.

apology accepted though. good luck at the tables.

10-24-2005, 09:28 AM
We posted at the same time---

See, I'm not a bad guy... I just believe that part of our job is to maintain the integrity of the Party games, and protect the fish from not having fun and not donating.

Annulus (little anus) was on a table with me earlier, and started asking if I was going to police the table and report everybody's chat--- which is really the only reason why I became aware of this thread.

But anyway-- I think this whole issue is resolved now. No hard feelings I hope.