PDA

View Full Version : books/software for sitngo's

10-23-2005, 06:29 AM
I consistently find myself just out of the money at sitngo's. Though I believe I have slight overall positive ROI, I seem to be finishing in fourth more often then I am finishing in the money. I was wondering if any folks had any suggestions on books or software that can improve my game.

Sciolist
10-23-2005, 06:51 AM
SNG power tools. Search the forum a lot. Post hands. There aren't really books that apply to the fast structure SNG mostly played here - Harrington's 2nd is the closest. To be honest, the best advice here is better, because the people here have played so many games of that specific format.

http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/
http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Sngs

AA suited
10-23-2005, 11:13 AM
that wiki looks like the FAQ?

stupidsucker
10-23-2005, 01:10 PM
the FAQ on wiki doesnt look very good to me. It says it is taken from the info on Citanu's FAQ but it also lists the 55s-215s for a 20% attainable roi. Far be it for me to argue, but it doesnt match the new FAQ did it match the old one?

citanul
10-23-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I consistently find myself just out of the money at sitngo's. Though I believe I have slight overall positive ROI, I seem to be finishing in fourth more often then I am finishing in the money. I was wondering if any folks had any suggestions on books or software that can improve my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

at the moment this forum is the best possible resource.

post some hands, but if i were you i'd start looking immediately at my 4 and 5 handed play as the place to start. you are probably doing the "intuitive" thing, which is to play much more tightly on the "bubble." this just doesn't work. if you think about the fact that your opponents are all likely thinking "oh [censored], i don't want to lose now, i won't get in the money" also, you can quickly realize that instead of playing tightly, playing incredibly loose aggressively is going to be where the money's at. you're going to bust out sometimes in 4th and 5th, but you're going to go roaring in to the money with chips often as well. also, to keep your courage up, remember that it's very unlikely you're more than say, a 65%/35%ish underdog when you do get called, in holdem. so yeah, try raising more, folding less. that's the general idea.

c