PDA

View Full Version : is this ever not a pair of aces?

pryor15
10-23-2005, 03:21 AM
villain is 39/3/1.25

is this a crying call or is that just throwing money away?

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero?

nomadtla
10-23-2005, 03:34 AM
against someone that passive I have to think it's an A. I'd like a more particular read like does he take shots with missed draws etc.. With someone this passive though I think folding may be the best play, I could see many donks betting this with a missed diamond draw and against an unknown I will make a crying call (as well as a get a better read call).

Harv72b
10-23-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is this ever not a pair of aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. It's a straight a decent percentage of the time, too. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

A 1.25 AF coupled with a 39 VP$IP isn't all that passive, really, but the pot is small and he'd have to be betting a worse hand than second pair/no kicker nearly 20% of the time for calling to be profitable. I think you can just muck.

10-23-2005, 03:49 AM
Ax,KT, busted flush bluff or Qx&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;way down the list&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Jx. In that order.

Is it worth the call, probably not. But you can't be too far away from 5.5:1, so I think the deficit is easily made up with the information you gain from this punk.

I suck...I'll make any excuse to see what's in his hand./images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kapw7
10-23-2005, 09:31 AM
I call. It can be a busted draw, a pair of sixes, low PP etc. It might be slightly -EV (who knows) but you get compensated by the info you obtain and possibly reduce future donk bets.