PDA

View Full Version : 87s on the button

Klak
10-23-2005, 03:17 AM
im playing a live game 3/6.

i have 78 of /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button.

action goes utg calls, 2 more calls behind, folded to me, i call. both blinds call/check.

reads: utg is a pretty good player that usually plays NL. both callers behind are both very loose PF but play normally postflop. both blinds are pretty tight from what i have observed so far.

flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

sb bets, bb calls, utg raises, (folded to me), i 3-bet, both blinds fold, utg calls.

turn is a 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
utg checks, i bet, utg calls.

river comes T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
utg checks, i check.
anyone think i played this wrong? fold PF? call the flop? bet the river? please help. thanks!

Borodog
10-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Bet the river.

TheHammer24
10-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Bet the river. I guess call a raise (agree?) Perfect otherwise

bigalt
10-23-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not 3-bet?

Borodog
10-23-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. 3-bet and call a cap.

Klak
10-23-2005, 02:55 PM
i thought that was the right play. thanks!

ellipse_87
10-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Concerning the flop,

Is it all that important to protect here? Will the few pots we save against a BDFD or an A-high gutshot justify losing those two small bets and poss. bets on future streets? (I'm assuming 4-flushes and OESD's aren't folding to hero's 3-bet.) Or is this a value bet against the large number of strong draws set up by this coordinated board?

As for the river,

There are 12 AJ's & 12 KJ's that he could have. Almost everything that beats you would have shown more action already, with the possible exception of the 6 T9's that are out there.

Edit: Sorry to bump...didn't see time-stamps of previous replies.

clownshoes
10-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Everything is fine until the river check. Bet it.

Klak
10-23-2005, 03:57 PM
i 3-bet because i wanted to charge flush and straight draws that could beat me the maximum. i checked the river because i put the flop raiser on JT or some kind of 2 pair. she showed KJ and mhig. thanks for the replies.

W. Deranged
10-23-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i 3-bet because i wanted to charge flush and straight draws that could beat me the maximum. i checked the river because i put the flop raiser on JT or some kind of 2 pair. she showed KJ and mhig. thanks for the replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion raising the flop is significantly better than calling and waiting for the turn. You might get hands with gutshots and backdoor draws to fold. The primary reason for raising, though, is that this board has plenty of stuff for people to like and so a raise here is good for value. Charge your opponents while they are still interested enough to play.

And betting this river is automatic.