PDA

View Full Version : $200 6max turned 2 pair

pfkaok
10-23-2005, 03:17 AM
I'm new to 6max, and this was one of my first sessions, but my numbers, and from what i had observed, villian here was pretty solid. is this an ok time to CR the turn? i feel that since i give up after betting the flop fairly often i need to balance it with some CR's on the turn so that it won't be profitable for people to bluff/call me on the flop.

and then when he 3bets, is there any way he has only AT here? i suppose he could have T9 here also, or that he could be thinking that my CR is a play and playing back, but i would not have felt good about having to call off here, and a big bet on the river when its pretty likely i'm looking at a set.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($134.75)
Button ($632.40)
SB ($46)
Hero ($316.55)
UTG ($319.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($10) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls $7, SB folds.

Turn: ($24) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $55</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $125</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $204

The_Bends
10-23-2005, 04:28 AM
If he's solid then you're correct to put this down. Looks a lot like a set to me. The flop is safe enough for a decent player to slowplay.

Anyway your play is screaming 'I have top pair or better' and he doesn't care so unless he's bad enough to play T5/T2 on the button then you're spliting at best.

If he had AT then you'll stack him later anyway.

On a side note I'd check that flop. I hate pot bets out of position multiway with top pair weak kicker. Any call is going to be unpleasent to play on later streets. I prefer to check and get some extra info from the flop action. An added bonus is that people will sometimes later assume you can't have top pair because you didn't lead which can lead to nice small/medium sized pots on the turn and river.

10-23-2005, 05:38 AM
Sometimes I just bet this turn, but this line works as well. Me like the whole hand.

Dumle

pfkaok
10-23-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On a side note I'd check that flop. I hate pot bets out of position multiway with top pair weak kicker. Any call is going to be unpleasent to play on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i def. thought about checking here, and almost did, but for some reason i decided to bet this time. it does suck when you get called on these ones, but i usually tend more towards betting the TPMK type hands when its a midsized card for TP, since more overs can come on the turn. this is LHE logic but is it out of place for NL? i mean i don't always bet the medium TPs, and check when they're bigger TPs, but i am more likely to, depending on other conditions.

but normally depending how i feel i'd usually bet/fold, or check/fold the turn if i'm called by one player depending on what i put him on, and what comes on the turn. of course though, with this board, there's not too much to be drawing to, so his calling range on the flop gets pretty narrow IMO.