PDA

View Full Version : Clarkmeister has me on ignore!

Paluka
10-23-2005, 12:32 AM
I had no idea.

jason_t
10-23-2005, 12:33 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:33 AM
this is sad for so many reasons

Sponger15SB
10-23-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry what was that? I can't hear you

Paluka
10-23-2005, 12:34 AM
I think it is funny. I said something moderately insulting about him once or twice in a couple threads.

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:35 AM
you still have time to delete this thread you know.

Sponger15SB
10-23-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is funny. I said something moderately insulting about him once or twice in a couple threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has me on ignore, which isn't suprising because I've said something moderatly insulting to almost everyone once or twice in a couple of threads, but the reason why he ignored me was something incredibly stupid and I wasn't even being insulting just sarcastic, IIRC.

Paluka
10-23-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Did Clarkmeister tell everyone he was ignoring me already?

imported_anacardo
10-23-2005, 12:37 AM
I think he's trying to tell you that this whole thread stinks of ban.

Clark has ME on ignore. That's because Clark is a douchebag, albeit a charismatic one.

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
7.Threads about others posters are almost universally stupid. Especially nasty threads. Unless you are 100% sure that is it a good or funny story or something similar don't do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm hoping you get a free pass on this one.

Eurotrash
10-23-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was implying that you should delete this thread because nobody really cares that Clark ignored you. also, it might get you banned by [censored] if he is feeling particularly daring tonight

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But if clarkmaster has you on ignore my ignore list is current incomplete. His ignore choices are second to none.

Paluka
10-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I certainly didn't know this could somehow get me banned. Nor do I understand it.

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I certainly didn't know this could somehow get me banned. Nor do I understand it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, this is not even close to bannable. In fact, it's somewhat interesting. People are missing the point of [censored]'s guidelines.

stabn
[ QUOTE ]

That's because Clark is a douchebag, albeit a charismatic one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

read the sticky at the top of OOT, OOT has been on a tight leash lately, just throwing out a friendly warning, although like i said, i'd hope you'd get a free pass.

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7.Threads about others posters are almost universally stupid. Especially nasty threads. Unless you are 100% sure that is it a good or funny story or something similar don't do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm hoping you get a free pass on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really about another poster.

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
How do you find out if someone has you on ignore? Do people really ignore that many posters? I have only 1 regular and 1 infewuent poster on, and I had another regular, but then unignored him when he stopped sucking (based on quoted replys)

Eurotrash
10-23-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah come on, stabn. you know if anybody but a high-profile guy like Paluka made this whine post about Clark ignoring him, he'd be gone as soon as [censored] stumbled upon the thread. in fact, I'm probably going to get [censored] for even pointing this out and going against what you and diablo say. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Paluka
10-23-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you find out if someone has you on ignore? Do people really ignore that many posters? I have only 1 regular and 1 infewuent poster on, and I had another regular, but then unignored him when he stopped sucking (based on quoted replys)

[/ QUOTE ]

I found out because I tried to send him a complimentary PM.

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have only 1 regular and 1 infewuent poster on, and I had another regular, but then unignored him when he stopped sucking (based on quoted replys)

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually have zero people on ignore, maybe i'm too lazy to use the ignore function, or maybe i just have a higher tolerance of annoyance. there's probably a few people who have me on ignore though, oh well.

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah come on, stabn. you know if anybody but a high-profile guy like Paluka made this whine post about Clark ignoring him, he'd be gone as soon as [censored] stumbled upon the thread. in fact, I'm probably going to get [censored] for even pointing this out and going against what you and diablo say. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that Clark ignored Paluka is interesting. Clark ignore some random troll is not. Isn't this an obvious difference to everyone?

imported_anacardo
10-23-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But if clarkmaster has you on ignore my ignore list is current incomplete. His ignore choices are second to none.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an excellent poster. I bring my "A" game from coast-to-coast with taters and toast. Clark has an excellent poster (me) on ignore, for, as I recall, stating that lawns were kind of a stupid, bourgeois waste of time and water, all things considered (a perfectly reasonable position.) Therefore, I reject your statement out of hand.

jacki
10-23-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part(s)?

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I am an excellent poster. I bring my "A" game from coast-to-coast with taters and toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

== ***You are ignoring this user***

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part(s)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything before the ,.

imported_anacardo
10-23-2005, 12:57 AM
This information strongly suggests that you too are a douchebag. (Can moderators ignore at all anyway?) Good evening.

Jack of Arcades
10-23-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because if someone else made the post, nobody would care.

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This information strongly suggests that you too are a douchebag. (Can moderators ignore at all anyway?) Good evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can. I stopped actually doing it once i became one though.

10-23-2005, 12:59 AM
who da [censored] is this Clarkmeister dude?

Eurotrash
10-23-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Clark ignored Paluka is interesting. Clark ignore some random troll is not. Isn't this an obvious difference to everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark ignoring Paluka, while different than Clark ignoring a random troll, is not that interesting imo. Clark seems to have a rather strong opinion on what is ignore-worthy and he will not hesitate to pull the trigger

I could easily see Paluka (or any other poster for that matter) saying something that Clark would deem worthy of the ignore

Blarg
10-23-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm kind of surprised that people seem to have knowledge of who is on his list and how he works it.

stabn
10-23-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of surprised that people seem to have knowledge of who is on his list and how he works it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's given a number to quite a few people. Enough that you can get a decent idea as to what's behind say 40-60% of his ignore list.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark ignoring Paluka, while different than Clark ignoring a random troll, is not that interesting imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Views and replies say otherwise.

Jack of Arcades
10-23-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know how many people/who I have on ignore. Of course, most of the people I ignore tend to get [censored].

stabn
10-23-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know how many people/who I have on ignore. Of course, most of the people I ignore tend to get [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the link if you want to know who is on your list: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showaddressbook.php?Cat=

Eurotrash
10-23-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clark ignoring Paluka, while different than Clark ignoring a random troll, is not that interesting imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Views and replies say otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

touche, but i think the views/replies could be inflated a bit due to our thread hijack as opposed to the OP itself

edit: ok, I guess I can't convince anybody. maybe Clark will weigh in here and it actually will get interesting, though

astroglide
10-23-2005, 01:20 AM
jesus christ you guys are some sensitive fags when it comes to the bannings. reading all this [censored] constantly reminds me of every tech company in the world when the dot com crashes started.

"is that thursday meeting planned? i didn't hear anything about it last week. do you think something is going on?"

"well i heard they just take a spreadsheet and look at who what non-managers get paid the most and just start crossing off names!"

"my friend tony said his manager started acting the same way right before the [censored] hit the fan in the valley!"

i survived 2 rounds of firings at my office before i quit. why? because everybody in the office was crying at the water coolers and whispering in the lounges all day. it was [censored] annoying. get a [censored] grip. be yourself and try to act like you understand that you're taking up others' time when they read your post so it should have something worthwhile for them. if you get banned despite that, you suck or the place sucks. either way, who cares?

Sponger15SB
10-23-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ you guys are some sensitive fags

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that just seems unnecessary.

DcifrThs
10-23-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was implying that you should delete this thread because nobody really cares that Clark ignored you. also, it might get you banned by [censored] if he is feeling particularly daring tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] is more reasonable than that. he stated quality posters in main strategy forums get a little leeway. paluka fits that description completely.

no way he gets banned for this post.

doesn't take away from the fact that its not the most useful or funny post...paluka insulted clark. clark ignored him. woopidy doo.

Barron

2+2 wannabe
10-23-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well I may be sensitive, and I may be a [censored]....

wait what was the question?

Blarg
10-23-2005, 01:40 AM
But funny.

Paluka
10-23-2005, 01:41 AM
I didn't think this post would be unusually useful or funny.

2+2 wannabe
10-23-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well I may be sensitive, and I may be a [censored]....

wait what was the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey why is F A G censored?

Blarg
10-23-2005, 01:42 AM
out of courtesy for fags

imported_anacardo
10-23-2005, 01:45 AM
I see. Seems like a good decision. You're probably not a douchebag at all, but rather a man of stern rectitude whom I should respect and perhaps fear, ever so slightly.

Clark, though, he's a douche.

Eurotrash
10-23-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] is more reasonable than that. he stated quality posters in main strategy forums get a little leeway. paluka fits that description completely.

no way he gets banned for this post.

doesn't take away from the fact that its not the most useful or funny post...paluka insulted clark. clark ignored him. woopidy doo.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

right, I realize Paluka wasn't going to be banned outright. My post was for the most part supposed to be a joke.

I really don't want to get lumped into the group of people that astro described above. i wasn't calling for Paluka's head.

jokerthief
10-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Clarkmeister ignored me because I didn't like the movie Airplane. I had a broken collar bone that killed and it forced me to shift my attention to something new every 5 minutes. I made a post about it to find out if it was indeed a bad movie or if my need for distraction was inhibiting me from enjoying the movie.

I don't know if Airplane is a bad movie or not but I do know that clarkmeister is a little too sensitive.

Don't worry about, no loss really.

jokerthief
10-23-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have only 1 regular and 1 infewuent poster on, and I had another regular, but then unignored him when he stopped sucking (based on quoted replys)

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually have zero people on ignore, maybe i'm too lazy to use the ignore function, or maybe i just have a higher tolerance of annoyance. there's probably a few people who have me on ignore though, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are a Nobel Prize winner. Anyone who understands the full implications of Natalie Portman's beauty is inherently tolerant. Life is beautiful when one understands what true beauty is.

I have three people on ingnore. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

imported_anacardo
10-23-2005, 04:31 AM
She's just some broad that looks pretty good and who possibly has a screw loose. That's all.

lighterjobs
10-23-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had one person on ignore but every time i would see their posts that i couldn't read i got nosey and eventually took them off.

peachy
10-23-2005, 07:13 AM
im so confused at the purpose of this thread....and why does anyone care who has who on ignore???

Paluka
10-23-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im so confused at the purpose of this thread....and why does anyone care who has who on ignore???

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you claiming you do understand the purpose of most OOT threads?

Aces McGee
10-23-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the link if you want to know who is on your list: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showaddressbook.php?Cat=

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I can't remember ever using the ignore function, and yet I have two posters on my ignore list.

-McGee

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wasn't calling for Paluka's head.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think anyone actually was /images/graemlins/confused.gif

stabn
10-23-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I can't remember ever using the ignore function, and yet I have two posters on my ignore list.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a time when people were linking the ignore fuction. You may have clicked on one of those links.

Clarkmeister
10-23-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
paluka insulted clark. clark ignored him

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Paluka never insulted me. In fact, I have it on good authority he's a very nice guy. But 80% of his posts irritate the heck out of me, poker or otherwise, so I just silently ignored him a long time ago. It's not personal, and I even gave him the respect of not making it public (Until recently not a single person knew).

I do find it interesting that this thread has a much higher than normal % of people on my ignore list posting in it.

And to whoever asked, you can find out if someone has you on ignore by sending them a PM. If it goes through, they do not have you on ignore. If you can't send it, they do.

Peace.

maryfield48
10-23-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And to whoever asked, you can find out if someone has you on ignore by sending them a PM. If it goes through, they do not have you on ignore. If you can't send it, they do.

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister,

Let us know if you receive a torrent of PM's after this post. That might prove a good insecuritometer for OOT.

PassiveCaller
10-23-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you claiming you do understand the purpose of most OOT threads?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'd think it's because this thread is along the lines of Jimmy and Johnny getting mad at each other on the playground at school. Who cares.

bicyclekick
10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
"Clarkmeister has me on ignore!"

Bragger.

Clarkmeister
10-23-2005, 05:25 PM
LOL

nothumb
10-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I wish there was a way to check and see if anyone is ignoring you. I doubt anyone is and I'm not going to take the time to find out. But it would be funny.

NT

Eurotrash
10-23-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish there was a way to check and see if anyone is ignoring you. I doubt anyone is and I'm not going to take the time to find out. But it would be funny.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

after reading this thread, I'm curious if I'm being ignored by anybody too. I have a suspicion that I'm one of Clark's 66, due to a disagreement we usually have over pro golf /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrFeelNothin
10-23-2005, 05:49 PM
I just learned that I am also being ignored by the almighty Clarkmeister. Maybe I should tone down my douchebaggery...........nawwwwwwwww that wouldnt be fun.

Paluka
10-23-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Paluka never insulted me. In fact, I have it on good authority he's a very nice guy. But 80% of his posts irritate the heck out of me, poker or otherwise, so I just silently ignored him a long time ago. It's not personal, and I even gave him the respect of not making it public (Until recently not a single person knew).

I do find it interesting that this thread has a much higher than normal % of people on my ignore list posting in it.

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm even more baffled. It made a lot more sense when I thought I insulted him.

offTopic
10-23-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm even more baffled. It made a lot more sense when I thought I insulted him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's a LAG, carnivore from the Midwest with an anti-East Coast bias who hates Magic and buys Levi's jeans from Mervyn's.

Sponger15SB
10-23-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clarkmeister,

Let us know if you receive a torrent of PM's after this post. That might prove a good insecuritometer for OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually once you click on "send user a PM" or something it shows this...

[ QUOTE ]
We cannot proceed.
This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Cheap Jab]

Anyways since I don't read the sports forum that much I couldn't care less, Clark doesn't ever seem to have anything useful/funny in OOT

[/Cheap Jab]

Alex/Mugaaz
10-24-2005, 01:54 AM
How does he have you on ignore when he replied to your "Dan Druffesque" post on MHS with that one liner?

astroglide
10-24-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does he have you on ignore when he replied to your "Dan Druffesque" post on MHS with that one liner?

[/ QUOTE ]

when you have somebody ignored you can see their posts if you click to reply to them. i found myself doing this often enough just to gather context on conversations that i decided to unignore everybody. i had about 80 on my list. glad i undid it.

Alex/Mugaaz
10-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Why put someone on ignore when you can simply mentally skip all their posts?

razor
10-24-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer not to have to put any effort into remembering those I wish to ignore.

Jack of Arcades
10-24-2005, 02:27 AM
He's got me ignored too, but I don't see why when he replies to all of my posts about Mike Vick.

rusellmj
10-24-2005, 02:48 AM
I think Clark has, like, 50 people on ignore. Not sure why this is news, but people wanna talk about it.

rusellmj
10-24-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have two people on ignore so it's not cumbersome. I'm sure if I had alot more it might get annoying.

B Dids
10-24-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because sometimes reading what they say makes my brain hurt and I'd rather it not.

sfer
10-24-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm going to hold my breath until he de-ignores you.

kipin
10-24-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to hold my breath until he de-ignores you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going on a hunger strike.