PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth food poll

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 11:57 PM
OK. This is probably pretty close to bannable, it is so stupid, but I will use the fact that I am high on Lortab as an excuse.

So, what should I eat?

Sponger15SB
10-22-2005, 11:59 PM
ha, 4 people have voted for the exact same thing. nice.

edit- ok who is the idiot who voted 5th

Eurotrash
10-22-2005, 11:59 PM
i went with the squash soup and cheesecake. damn, I'm hungry now.

edit: also I think you're pretty much above the law, Diablo. i wouldn't worry too much about being [censored].

toss
10-23-2005, 12:00 AM
That Squash soup doesn't sound very appetizing to me. I'd go with Cold Yogurt.

fluxrad
10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Mashed potatoes == teh bomb during wisdom teeth time.

Keep in mind, everything you eat during this painful period...you get to eat twice ;-)

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, butternut squash soup is delicious. I think my favorite soups are, in no particular order:

Corn
Butternut squash
Carrot
Tomato Bisque

All in creamy puree form.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mashed potatoes == teh bomb during wisdom teeth time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. Great idea. I'll get some tomorrow. I love mashed potatoes.

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, butternut squash soup is delicious. I think my favorite soups are, in no particular order:

Corn
Butternut squash
Carrot
Tomato Bisque

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but those are some really shitty soups. just my opinion though, i like some meat in my soup.

edit: although when writing this post i failed to remember the fact that one of my favorite soups, wild mushroom bisque doesnt have meat in it.

Eurotrash
10-23-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh man, butternut squash soup is delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never tried this, but it really does sound excellent. I had a feeling it wasn't going to get many votes though. you should probably use your executive decision to overrule the soup vote and go with it anyway

Maulik
10-23-2005, 12:08 AM
maple n sugar oatmeal + milk = good.

cold, of course.

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Corn
Butternut squash
Carrot
Tomato Bisque

[/ QUOTE ]

you have good taste is soups. Butternut squash is the tits, and anyone who disagrees is a filthy communist.

Blarg
10-23-2005, 12:10 AM
I chose the squash soup because it sounds more hearty than tomato bisque. I love tomato bisque, but filling, it's not.

The smashed taters does sound like a great idea. I can eat a whole meal of mashed potatoes happily.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wild mushroom bisque doesnt have meat in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday I had Bistro Mushroom Trio soup (these are all Safeway Deli soups), which was awesome, but it had too many pieces of mushroom in it for me in my present state. Mushroom just barely got edged out in my favorite soups list.

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wild mushroom bisque doesnt have meat in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday I had Bistro Mushroom Trio soup (these are all Safeway Deli soups), which was awesome, but it had too many pieces of mushroom in it for me in my present state. Mushroom just barely got edged out in my favorite soups list.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah no good for your current state, but mushroom soups are awesome normally. if you havent ever had it, find a good chinese restaurant and try some of their hot and sour soup, very good.

Blarg
10-23-2005, 12:22 AM
I love mushroom in pretty much anything. I have two portabello mushrooms waiting for some sauteeing tomorrow.

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love mushroom in pretty much anything. I have two portabello mushrooms waiting for some sauteeing tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully you have some nice burgers to go with those mushrooms. sauteed portabellos + grilled burgers = delicious

istewart
10-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Cannot go wrong with Tapioca pudding IMO.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you havent ever had it, find a good chinese restaurant and try some of their hot and sour soup, very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yes, I'm familiar w/ hot and sour soup. WTF? Who hasn't had hot and sour soup?

As far as Asian soups go, Tom Ka Ghai (sp) is prob my fave.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 12:29 AM
OK, looks like a runaway, so going w/ the Tomato soup. Really couldn't go wrong w/ either of those choices. Looks like dessert is still a close battle. Hope you guys pick me something good!

Blarg
10-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Yecch.

MEbenhoe
10-23-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you havent ever had it, find a good chinese restaurant and try some of their hot and sour soup, very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yes, I'm familiar w/ hot and sour soup. WTF? Who hasn't had hot and sour soup?

[/ QUOTE ]

i assumed you prob had, but ya never know, what type of soup is this Tom Ka Ghai and what nationality does it come from?

stabn
10-23-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i assumed you prob had, but ya never know, what type of soup is this Tom Ka Ghai and what nationality does it come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: the name of the soup starts with tom.

istewart
10-23-2005, 12:43 AM
How's the post-op been? I was pretty happy in the few days following my removal.

However, I recall taking that gauze out of my mouth for the first time after like ~30 hours. Most disgusting thing ever, omfg.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Not bad, not good. Bleeding has mostly stopped, so that's good. Still hurting a fair amount, though, and still pretty swollen.

Ulysses
10-23-2005, 01:05 AM
OK, dessert is too close to call, so I will go with a piece of cheescake and a chocolate pudding cup.

B Dids
10-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Bisque is pretty much the best stuff ever.

And I love pudding.

Easy choice.

10-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Just, please, use that crazy syringe thing to wash out the holes after you've eaten.

I had dry sockets after having mine removed. I thought that simply taking the syringe and spraying water into the hole would empty it of it's contents. How I was mistaken. Shove it into the hole and BLAST THAT CRAP OUTTA THERE.

The instant pain would have made up for 3 weeks of nonstop SOLDERING IRON IN MY JAW feeling.

10-23-2005, 01:16 AM
anything with tomato in a soup is good

anything with cheesecake for dessert is good.

ReDeYES88
10-23-2005, 02:05 AM
any sort of tomato soup without a grilled cheese sammich is like eating chocolate chip cookies without milk. . .

diebitter
10-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Oh, El, don't be leaning on an open door!

Who the hell will I trash-talk, er, trash-haiku with you gone?

jokerthief
10-23-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK. This is probably pretty close to bannable, it is so stupid, but I will use the fact that I am high on Lortab as an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ficken memorable. It's too good. Btw, how old are you senor El? All this time I thought you were too old for widom teeth problems.

edtost
10-23-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bisque is pretty much the best stuff ever.

And I love pudding.

Easy choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew there was a reason i liked dids.

jdl22
10-23-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not bad, not good. Bleeding has mostly stopped, so that's good. Still hurting a fair amount, though, and still pretty swollen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you need a bigger mask or did yours stretch out to accomodate the swelling?