PDA

View Full Version : OT: Eyes Wide Open

Landon_McFly
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
I am in awe,

I just got the regestration code for SNGPT, and I'm so I'm impressed. I didn't think anything of it until the post came up about folding AKo. That's crazy to me. I entered the situation into SNGPT, and sure enough it was +EV to fold. WOW.

I can tell that this program has the potential to do wonders for my game, but what do you do to get the most out of it?

Just wondering how some of you guys implemented it to learn more bout your game?

TY,
Lando

bluefeet
10-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Spend the minute or two it takes to run your tourney HH through it (File, Open Tourney...). Most importantly, really think about the calling ranges when analyzing your push opportunities. You'll see some HUGE swings in EV occasionally on what seems to be fairly insignificant range modifications. Playing with these ranges will help drive home the reasons for such change in EV.

Landon_McFly
10-23-2005, 12:36 AM
i can't think of a more sophisticated way to say this but...

HUH?

bluefeet
10-23-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't think of a more sophisticated way to say this but...

HUH?

[/ QUOTE ]

-Open tool
-Select "File", "Open Tournament" ...find a particular HH on your hard drive

A seperate window will launch, itemizing all of the hands. Hands in black can be automatically run through the tool. Double-click any hand in black...viola!

With said hand now in the tool (w/ results), modify the selected range - hit compute. Select yet another range - hit compute again. Compare the results. Change your pushing hand - hit compute, etc.etc.

Basically, I just wanted to make you aware of the ability to run HH through the tool -vs./in addition to entering hands manually.

Hendricks433
10-23-2005, 01:46 AM
I just dont know what range to put opponents on. I dont feel like I have enough info to put them on hands.

HighestCard
10-23-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just dont know what range to put opponents on. I dont feel like I have enough info to put them on hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comes with some easy, quick observations at the table, and from a long, long time playing SnG's

Landon_McFly
10-23-2005, 04:26 AM
Awesome, I'm taking a look at a bunch of tournaments right now, but I have some questions:

Why are some of them red?

After you double click the black ones, and it has the arrow next to either push or fold, does the arrow represent what SNGPT recommends, or what you did during the hand in question?