PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Power Saving options?

Bradyams
10-22-2005, 11:47 PM
I have my computer setup so that after 45 minutes of inactivity it goes into sleep mode, and after another 45 minutes it hibernates. Inactivity means no music or no movie is playing.

There's my problem I like to fall asleep to a movie, or listening to music, but don't like it when my computer is on all night. It's just wasting electricity, and I'm sure it's not good for the 2001FP when a DVD is done playing, and it has the title screen left on for 7-8 hours straight.

So is there anyway I can tell my computer to go to sleep after X amount of time regardless of what it's doing at the time?

jnalpak
10-23-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have my computer setup so that after 45 minutes of inactivity it goes into sleep mode, and after another 45 minutes it hibernates. Inactivity means no music or no movie is playing.

There's my problem I like to fall asleep to a movie, or listening to music, but don't like it when my computer is on all night. It's just wasting electricity, and I'm sure it's not good for the 2001FP when a DVD is done playing, and it has the title screen left on for 7-8 hours straight.

So is there anyway I can tell my computer to go to sleep after X amount of time regardless of what it's doing at the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

not on standard LCD...unless you have a "tv" type of lcd that has a sleep function then i would consider buying a DVD/TV combo