PDA

View Full Version : Zeta-Jones on SNL

Maulik
10-22-2005, 11:40 PM
still bad.

enjoy if you're playing poker and watching t.v. tonight

Blarg
10-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Her constant phone ads in the newspaper and now on t.v. have made me sick to death of her, gorgeous or not. Enough is enough already.

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 11:43 PM
wow, that commercial was really awful. youll get better stuff on public access.

Maulik
10-22-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Her constant phone ads in the newspaper and now on t.v. have made me sick to death of her, gorgeous or not. Enough is enough already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely watch t.v., however t-mobile ads do run wayy too often, they should cut their Zeta budget and work on their infrastructure.

Jack of Arcades
10-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Franz Ferdinand sounds horrible.

fluxrad
10-23-2005, 12:02 AM
I haven't watched SNL since '94 - did it get good again or something?

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm TIVOing it just to see them. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Franz Ferdinand

Maulik
10-23-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with good reason, they aren't very good.
there are many better selections for brit-pop rock.

DarkForceRising
10-23-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm surprised at this thread. I was actually going to start a complimentary one before I stumbled upon it.

She was very funny and is quite talented. The wedding vow song was [censored] hilarious.

BTW, Franz Ferdinand (which rocked) is Scottish- not British.

10-23-2005, 01:17 AM
she was so hot in Zorro.

she looked fat in Traffic.

Paluka
10-23-2005, 01:18 AM
SNL is so unfunny it is incredible, but I can't stop watching because I love Amy Poehler.

Sephus
10-23-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scotland is part of britain, right?

Voltron87
10-23-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm, what? check your math.

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on, you know when americans say british, they almost always mean enlgish

willie
10-23-2005, 01:24 AM
show is unwatchable....

DarkForceRising
10-23-2005, 01:27 AM
SNL has it's moments. Imagine trying to pull off a "Not that there's anything wrong with that" quality episode (live) every time. It simply can't be done.

The Morgan Stanley commercial was classic. People always talk about how the show doesn't live up to the old standards but I'll take Tina Fey writing the show over that stupid Belushi cheeseburger [censored] anyday.

stabn
10-23-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SNL is so unfunny it is incredible, but I can't stop watching because I love Amy Poehler.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/8/82/200px-Feypoehler.jpg

Blarg
10-23-2005, 01:32 AM
Tina Fey is talented, but the news segment crashed permanently when they stopped even pretending it could be a news broadcast in any possible universe. All the mugging and nyuk nyuk nyuk clowning has cut all the wit and subversiveness out of it.

Amy Poehler is good too, but man, the news segment has been a walking corpse for 20 years.

DarkForceRising
10-23-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on, you know when americans say british, they almost always mean enlgish

[/ QUOTE ]

I will eat crow on this one. I was splitting hairs in the heat of my indignation.

Sephus
10-23-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it may be true, but i did not know that.

Jack of Arcades
10-23-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, if they cut it do about 1 hour a week it'd suck a lot less. However, even the best jokes only get minimal laughs. It was nice seeing Tina Fey back at weekend update, say what you will but she's approximately infinitely times better at comedy and being hot than Horatio Sanz. The Bush/Bono joke was probably the only legitimately laugh-out-loud moment of the show, except mayebe the Finesse/Kel switch in the opening segment. Everything else just seems so amateurish.

SNL usually gets one smash segment a show. You could make one really funny 90 minutes episode every season.

felson
10-23-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she looked fat in Traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that she was pregnant during filming, right?

istewart
10-23-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Franz Ferdinand has become horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

pryor15
10-23-2005, 02:59 AM
if that was what my french teacher looked like, i'd be fluent.

ptmusic
10-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Catching it now on the west coast. Kind of weak. The fake news stuff wasn't bad, but that jazz thing?

And Franz Ferdinand right now does sound awful. The guitar is painfully out of tune.

-ptmusic

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 03:16 AM
the morgan stanley commercain was kinda phunny, and amy pohler dresses as an old jewish grandphather was pretty good.

my eph key is busted, sorry phor the phucked up spelling

daryn
10-23-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and amy pohler dresses as an old jewish grandphather was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was not her

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was not her

[/ QUOTE ]

who was it, i want paying close attention?

daryn
10-23-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was not her

[/ QUOTE ]

who was it, i want paying close attention?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.rachel-dratch.com/rachellogo.jpg

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 03:36 AM
oh, i get them confused on the show sometimes, which sucks, b/c i've met them both in person in my stand up days, and they're styles and personalities are totally different

istewart
10-23-2005, 03:36 AM
Rachel Dratch's parents should be buried alive for having such a hideous person as their child.

tonypaladino
10-23-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rachel Dratch's parents should be buried alive for having such a hideous person as their child.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was pretty much uncalled for

dsw1977
10-23-2005, 03:40 AM
This got me thinking - is Rachel Dratch hotter than Amy Poehler? In a wierd way? Can someone start a poll on this?

Ok, seriously, there's no way to confuse the two. That's awful.

ptmusic
10-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Ok, the french teacher skit was funny.

-ptmusic

mosdef
10-23-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
with good reason, they aren't very good.
there are many better selections for brit-pop rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're such a pop-music snob, man. what ever happening to your "maulik experiments with 80s music" idea?

Los Feliz Slim
10-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I try to stick with SNL, but last night was absolutely terrible. Some of you liked the French teacher sketch? Incredible. The butt-cancer fake commercial was stupid, all the dancing was stupid, CZJ is annoying, that band blows, etc etc etc. F.

Mars357
10-24-2005, 10:20 AM
I agree totally. Last season was BAD. I had some hope for this season as the first two were very funny. Maybe it's Tina Fey.... funny till she comes back then suddenly not funny....

Maya Rudolph is also out having a baby and hasn't been missed at all. All of her stuff just sucks but nothing is as bad as those horrid Donatella Versace sketches she does. Those just make me want to slash my wrists everytime they com on.

samjjones
10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This got me thinking - is Rachel Dratch hotter than Amy Poehler? In a wierd way? Can someone start a poll on this?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you like big fat boobies, you could make a convincing argument for this.