PDA

View Full Version : OT: $650/hr baby!

10-22-2005, 09:29 PM
GUESS WHAT! I WON A TOURNEY! AAAAAH! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It started all when I accidently joined a $33 rebuy tourney. I thought it was weird that the guaranteed prize was only $5000, but I later found out that it was actually a PL Omaha Hi/Lo tournament, which I had never played before. I rebought once, forgot to add-on and made the money. (Yeah that's some 1337 skillz right there)

During this tourney I also started a $5 R&A. I started as usual: playing very aggressive and pushing all-in and then rebuying several times. I stopped doing that when I had over $8k, but then someone to my left had over $10k and was still rebuying, so I rebought some more times too.

After the first break I had a very nice stack, over three times the average and I was stealing a lot. The table was somehow very tight, and I could steal away without getting called (pretty boring actually). Throughout the tournament I managed to keep at about 3x the average stack, with some ups and downs in between.

After 4-5 hours we finally arrived at the final table. I had a slightly above average stack, and somehow the chip leaders were ALL huuuge donkeys. They always minraised or minbet. But anyway, after a while of playing I was the lowest stack at the table. Then the guy who was chip leader before called my reraise all-in with A6s, with Qjo and my hand held up.

After another while three people remained: me, a weak/tight guy, and a solid, aggressive guy (from what I had seen.) Here's where I really started playing. All the donkeys had been eliminated, and it was fairly easy to steal blinds. I won about 75% of all the pots. The solid guy called my raises a few times in the BB, but I always took the pot from him on the flop.

Then weak/tight guy busted. I can't remember at all how it happened, but I did have a 2:1 chiplead heads up. We raised in turns from the SB. At one point, I managed to double him up (I think it was something like A8 vs A9) and I was the short stack. I then went all-in with QJo, was called by Ax and won. From here on we played some more pots, and after folding in my BB twice in a row, I said to myself : next time when he raises my BB I will reraise all-in. I then found J2o in the BB and he raised the standard amount again. I pushed and he thought for a while. THen he called.. with A4s! I didn't expect that, but the gods of poker were good to me, and I won the hand, netting me a lovely $3420,18.

WOOHOO! I hope I made some sense. It's 3:26 AM here, and at some points during the tourney I felt like I could fall asleep/pass out at any moment.

EDIT: I actually made a little less than $650 an hour. But that is not really relevant /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KingDan
10-22-2005, 09:31 PM
I luckboxed my way into 5th at the 11 rebuy and addon, and am on a sweet upswing at the 200 turbos.

microbet
10-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Nice. You had at least played omaha before, right?

10-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah I played PLO for a few hours once. During that omaha hi/lo tournament I googled for the rules and good starting hands and stuff. I didn't really know what I was doing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

microbet
10-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Well, congrats.

KingDan
10-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Whoops... forgot to add in a congraluations to my earlier post (and sorry for the brag)

Congrats.