PDA

View Full Version : K7s 6 handered 0.5/1 absolute it up

milesdyson
10-22-2005, 08:45 PM
ok so no converter works. i'm playing absolute for the bonus, so i have to play 0.5/1 until i get my damn bankroll back up (don't go to europe, it will own your wallet).

i have K/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. bb is 63/9/1.5 after 22 hands. i've not seen him showdown, but he has check called flops and turns in really small pots and folded to river bets - this happened twice in the 22 hands.

preflop: fold, fold, i raise, fold, sb folds, bb calls.

flop (4.5 sb): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif
he checks, i bet, he calls.

turn (3.25 bb): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
he checks, i check (?)

river (3.25 bb): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
he bets, i raise (?), he 3-bets, i fold

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 08:47 PM
seems like spew to me. It's .5/1 dude, you're trying to make a play on the river against a calling station?

milesdyson
10-22-2005, 08:47 PM
i have a pair of 7s. this is making a play? you don't think he bets (and will call) enough with a high card, a 2, 3, or 6? that is what i'm wondering.

also, should i bet the turn against him and take a free show down?

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...i've not seen him showdown, but he has check called flops and turns in really small pots and folded to river bets - this happened twice in the 22 hands.

preflop: fold, fold, i raise, fold, sb folds, bb calls.

flop (4.5 sb): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif
he checks, i bet, he calls.

turn (3.25 bb): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
he checks, i check (?)

river (3.25 bb): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
he bets...

[/ QUOTE ]

If an idiot wakes up I just call him.

10-22-2005, 08:54 PM
I like it.

Having not see this guy show down considering the number of/% hands he's played is a telling factor.

If he had folded some of his hands on the turn and not on the river, I think a turn bet is warranted.

Either Qx or more likely he made 2pr. NH.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 08:59 PM
To answer the edit, I probably wouldn't have bet the turn. There are better places to put money in here. A missed K7 isn't for me.

I think it's cool that you spiked a 7 on the river, but I don't think it's worthy of a raise in this spot against this particualar player.

10-22-2005, 09:32 PM
why dont u just call his bet on the river, a lot of times he missed and wanted to steal the pot then u can put him on a hand for future encounters

Redd
10-22-2005, 09:43 PM
I think the river raise is fairly straightforward, no? I suspect he'll call with many hands that you beat.

But calling the 3-bet seems close. Getting 8:1 on a call against an apparently quite aggressive unknown I'm very tempted on the chance that believes the 7 didn't help you and he's getting into a pissing contest.

Buckmulligan
10-22-2005, 09:43 PM
What I hate about this hand is the limit at which it is being played.

10-22-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To answer the edit, I probably wouldn't have bet the turn. There are better places to put money in here.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't see anywhere else to put money in?

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I read this funny PDF that said betting overcards on the flop and turn UI is bad -EV micro games...I have to imagine only betting one overcard is even worse.

numeri
10-22-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the river raise is fairly straightforward, no? I suspect he'll call with many hands that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that looks fine. I'm also not sure about calling the 3-bet, but I don't see us good here 1 in 10.

The only reason I might call would be the number of hands you have on villain. 22 hands does not a read make. Hmmm... with that in mind, would just calling the river be better since we can't really fold to a 3-bet vs. an unknown?

milesdyson
10-23-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I hate about this hand is the limit at which it is being played.

[/ QUOTE ]
just gimme some time.. haha.

oh and villain kindly shows his Q6 after i fold.