PDA

View Full Version : 4 handed KK value bet ?

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 08:02 PM
K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG 4 handed.

Button is a 2+2er. He's aggressive, but not as aggressive as me. Also, he knows who I am and I know who he is. We disagreed on the river play in this hand.

I raise UTG, Button 3bets, folded to me and I cap (for deception /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Flop A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, he calls.

Turn 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, he calls.

River 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check. I think I'm calling a bet.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Why not bet/fold?

Edit-You think he's been calling down with Ax?

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

because, i didnt think he'd call a bet with any hand that I'd beat. I could only think of QQ that he'd definitely call.

edit: The more I think about it, the more I like betting here.

10-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Is he more likely to call a bet with a J than to value bet one? If he's a reasonable player then that's all we need really to know.

GetThere1Time
10-22-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit: The more I think about it, the more I like betting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If one bet's going in on the river regardless than I agree that betting's best.

How bout a check fold? What does he really have here that would bet the river that we beat?

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 08:54 PM
A Jack?

If villian had an Ace why wouldn't he have let us know already?

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A Jack?

If villian had an Ace why wouldn't he have let us know already?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think if he has an A, raising anywhere is bad unless its AJ and maybe AK. getting passive when im betting is probably good.

brazilio
10-22-2005, 09:00 PM
That all depends on whether he's going to call a bet with a J, I bet because he knows you're a LAG and he's hoping KJ is beating your preflop cap with TT.

Lmn55d
10-22-2005, 09:01 PM
I think that bet/fold and check/fold are both better than check/call. He's not gonna value bet a Jack I don't think becuase he won't expect you to call with a lower pocket pair (KQ is the only hand he might bluff if he called the turn with it). I don't think he would value bet QQ either. So how often will he call with Jx or QQ here? It seems pretty close in my mind but I really hate check/call.

flawless_victory
10-22-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that bet/fold and check/fold are both better than check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]i think youre right.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 10:13 PM
If he knows you're that aggressive, you're gonna bet an Ace high board no matter what you have. I'd raise my junky Ace for value against ya in this case. Calldown with an ace here just seems a bit weak, and you described your opponent as somewhat aggressive.

baronzeus
10-22-2005, 10:20 PM
i checked, he thought for a second, then bet. I thought for 5 or 6 seconds then called. he showed QQ and MHIG.