PDA

View Full Version : I'm weak, scared, and i have bottom set.

vhuntd
10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
I have no read on UTG +1 and he had it on bet/raise any for the whole hand. Since the board was so raggedy I couldn't put him on much besides two pr or the overset. I would never play a set on this board like this but I just couldn't shake the feeling that i was beat. Far too weak isn't it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I would have bet the turn then probably called a raise. Can we call that river raise is the real question...

vhuntd
10-22-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm giving SB credit for AJ before i give him credit for a hand that beats me.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Then why'd you just call?

POKhER
10-22-2005, 07:59 PM
i agree with betting the turn, AJ/JJ seem to be implied.
Trouble is, Im not sure what i do when i get raised /images/graemlins/smile.gif

and here.. the river decision is tough, I guess you have to call as they could be on a two pair but flush/set smell now.

Brice
10-22-2005, 08:23 PM
We are talking about risking two bets to win 21. With the way UTG+1 has played this hand I am not giving him credit for the flush. We are probably beat but it may just surprise you so it is worth the call.

Brice
10-22-2005, 08:25 PM
By the way, I am probably betting the turn and hoping UTG+1 raises. This action means SB may fold. We want to limit the field when there are re-draws against us.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Of course UTG+1 doesn't have the flush. But SB probably does. He's completely passive throught the hand until the river hits, then he raises...

Just seems like some /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hand that he raised...why else is SB hanging around after he checks a hand on a flop he raised with PF? I'd probably call here too, but I'm just wondering if that's a good idea here, especially with the possibility that it's getting raised and potentially capped behind us after we call.

POKhER
10-22-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We are talking about risking two bets to win 21. With the way UTG+1 has played this hand I am not giving him credit for the flush. We are probably beat but it may just surprise you so it is worth the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB, not utg.

10-22-2005, 08:44 PM
*grunch*

First of all. You posted in UTG. WT...?

PF and flop are good. SB not betting made your decision easy.

On the turn, I'm wondering what SB is up to. I'm inclined to bet, hope UTG+1 raises and see what he does in the face of two cold.
The check is fine, but I would have check raised and if 3 bet called down.

SB waking up on the river licks balls and to be honest I don't know what to do.
I can't see me folding a set here but the fear of this river being capped is a real possibility. Even when it is I'm still getting ~6:1.

I think I'm calling with tears in my eyes.

vhuntd
10-22-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm actually the BB in this hand. I don't know what happened with the converter. Maybe the guy who was supposed to be BB sat out but i was definetely the BB since the guy to act before me was SB.
Anyways, here are the results.
SB shows AK one pr
UTG +1 shows JT one pr
Hero wins with set of 4s.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
cute

gopnik
10-22-2005, 10:18 PM
I'll put up some more fight on the turn before going into calling down mode.

yeah, and fold the river, you are not good often enough here.

lautzutao
10-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I'd make sure that you have notes on both these players. Especially SB. That is a really janky move to be making on the river with AKo

10-22-2005, 10:50 PM
I tend to fold this pre-flop, but limping isn't terrible.

Without a read it's tough. UTG+1 played the flop like a your typical maniac with TPTK. If, on the other hand he hasn't shown much aggression, especially post flop, I'd be worried, too.

Absent any read, you must bet the turn, especially with a flush draw on the board.

The river c/c is fine -- SB probably hit his flush, but you have to call.

10-23-2005, 02:25 AM
(grunching)

I would lead that turn. That board is so uncoordinated, the only thing that beats us here is a higher set--this happens so rarely, we are making a profit here a lot of the time. If you lose to a higher set, so be it. If UTG+1 is still agressive, you can call his raise, and check/call the river.

10-23-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB has the flush.